Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Holiday Traditions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:08 pm
This season seems to be a season filled with people partaking of their personal traditions. Its around the time of the winter solstice so whether people are celebrating that or any of the number of other holidays it is a time of joy filled with joyous traditions.

What traditions do you have?

Every year I partake of several traditions.
To me it is more of an excuse to have a tradition then anything else. I really prefer to give gifts year round but I tend to not have the financial ability to do so. So every year I buy gifts for my family and I give them randomly as the month goes along. My gift giving season won't end for another 2-3 weeks.

I tend to buy food or goodies and do alot of baking over the month. It really takes almost any excuse at all for me to whip up something special. Every new years I take a walk at 3 in the morning after most people have gone to sleep. I walk and I look at the stars.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:34 pm
i have so many traditions because i have several celebrations that i attend with different family members.

one of them is that every year i buy my grandfather something dog related (collars, muzzles, food dish, etc.) BECAUSE once when i was very young (maybe around 5-ish) he had a nightmare that he was a dog after watching the movie Turner & Hooch and he started to growl in his sleep. well, my grandmother rolled over to put her hand over his mouth because he talks in his sleep alot and that is what she has always done to get him to stop... he bit her... hard. her hand swelled up and had a lovely bruise on it for several weeks and that christmas began a tradition that has lasted for about 18 years. everybody gets a kick out of it, lol. (this year i got him a collar with a bandana attatched to it.)

at my father's family get-together we have a much longer, but more 'normal' tradition. after eating ourselves into a stupor we play dominoes (usually, sometimes we play scategories) but it's alot of fun and usually something crazy happens before it's all over. tonight we all laughed so hard for so long that we all crying and getting lightheaded!

there are tons more, we still do santa for my little sister, she's 7, and we all get up early on christmas day to unwrap gifts, but i'm too tired to keep going. it has been a very long week, lol.  

whiporwill-o

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff