Reply Fantasy Books Guild
100 gold Fallen: Lauren Kate new book promoted on gaia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-ASIAN-LOVER-FTW-7-0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:59 pm
i was wondering what was everyones take on it... it seems ok but i love everyones opinion.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=22451447  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:25 pm
Never heard of it before. It sounds a lot like Twilight, just from the description in the profile. n.n" It's unlikely I'll read it, if it's as cloche-sounding as that summary makes it.  

NightIntent
Captain

-ASIAN-LOVER-FTW-7-0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:29 am
it kinda does... i'm not sure it'll be worth it. but it might be a good started gift for my niece since she just read twilight.

ps: i love how much participation this guild has... geez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:19 am
i did end up getting the book for my niece then she forced me to read it with her. i was a bit like twilight but the girl (luce) was dangerous and the guy (daniel) is a fallen angel.

she reincarnate every 17 years and dies every time they get too close. but this time is different from the other because she was raised agnostic so the shadows that poor daniel sees take her away everytime they fall in love she can see now. not only see but they kill.... they killed her first guy crush then a classmate who only tried to save her from a second fire. daniel knows all about the shadows but is scared to tell luce too much for fear it will killer her again.

end of the book was not typical at all. daniel and another fallen (cam) fight over her love daniel send her away to try and remember all her past lives with him and she is left alone....

next book "Torment" is due to be out in Autumn 2010 no exact date yet...

-ASIAN-LOVER-FTW-7-0

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm
I've seen the book in the store, it seemed like the standard teenage angst story line so I didn't bother with it. If the library picks a few copies up I may read it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:41 pm
Hmm. it sounds interesting, but it also reminds me a little of Twilight - even so, I find it kind of interesting that he is not a vampire. Usually plots like that in Teen Sections bring up the vampire scenario. Like Twilight. Also, I have never read a book where the male protagonist is an angel (or a fallen one, for that matter). I'm very curious to see what it is like.  

SageDragonM

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

x-I-x Kyraa Kitty x-I-x

5,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:36 pm
the second book is better... its a whole new danger. but very much like twilight. and i mean Very VERY much like twilight daniel disappears and leaves her to fall for someone else.... but at least he shows up a few times.... and luce is a good female lead. shes not the sit there and wait type.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:40 pm
Isn't there 4 books now?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Starrfang

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 pm
Maze353
Isn't there 4 books now?

There's currently 2 at the moment and more are coming out. I think the 3rd one's coming out later this year.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 am
I like it. First book's not to good, but second is better, third's better than second and I absolutely LOVED the fourth one.  

Nyx_of_Hell

Wistful Mage

20,150 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items