Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Does it work?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do food journals help?
  yes
  no
  never had one
View Results

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:24 pm
Ok.Here I go. I'm thinking about doing a food journal on here & pics included every 3 weeks or so (reasonable?). I'm thinking about starting it when I head back to college.Tell about your food diary.Does it put things into perspective? Does it motivate you? Is it effective? Do pictures help? Tell about your experience for those who are joining!

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:29 pm
I haven't been doing this for a long time but I personally think it works fairly well. If you're willing to be completely honest, and not leave things out of the journal it's a great way to motivate yourself to have good behavior.

Personally, my journal is what stops me from getting seconds or just stopping my McDonald's instead of cooking for myself. I know I'll have to report it on my journal and it would be a let down to the people supporting me to see me eat unhealthy foods. It's also kinda embarrassing to some extent if you have to write that you ate 12 times in one day >.

Ligand

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 pm
also when taking pictures isnt it better to take them in the same outfit to see progress better?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:42 pm
I think the pictures are more of a personal thing so you can see your own progress. So it doesn't matter which outfit you take them in I'd imagine. But it wouldn't hurt :0  

Ligand

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:52 pm
Sentida
I think the pictures are more of a personal thing so you can see your own progress. So it doesn't matter which outfit you take them in I'd imagine. But it wouldn't hurt :0

well i know in my case some clothes hide weight very well.so consistence would help i would think.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:03 pm
I think food journals help heaps. Its easy to snack through the day and not realise how much you do it. Plus, its good to look back and see patterns of eating, e.g. do you eat more when stressed, bored etc.

I took pictures every 10kg or so, otherwise i wouldnt see any difference. I had the same outfit in the first lot, and in the second comparison ones i wore something different because those clothes didnt fit any more so you couldnt tell what was going on.  

Iconised Ghost

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 pm
Iconised Ghost
I think food journals help heaps. Its easy to snack through the day and not realise how much you do it. Plus, its good to look back and see patterns of eating, e.g. do you eat more when stressed, bored etc.

I took pictures every 10kg or so, otherwise i wouldnt see any difference. I had the same outfit in the first lot, and in the second comparison ones i wore something different because those clothes didnt fit any more so you couldnt tell what was going on.

every 22 pounds?wow.that would take me forever to take the 1st round of pics.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 am
Uhm... what Sentida said, haha. Food journals just put things into perspective and help you monitor what and how much you eat. Even if you don't count calories but just write it down.  

Sunsway

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 am
BitterFantasy
Iconised Ghost

every 22 pounds?wow.that would take me forever to take the 1st round of pics.

well i took some one day 1, and then again after 10kg. Its up to you, you can do it every 3 weeks if you want of course. But i just wouldnt have seen much difference personally so i didnt bother  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
I don't really take a lot of pictures, I look up things that I will wear once I'm smaller. But really because I don't have a lot of money I'll probably just swim in the clothes I do have. ._.  

Tandahda
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 am
Seraphsody- do the same >.< my xmas wish list is full of just clothes that fit and mall voucher cards xD  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games