Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
Sleep, are you getting enough of it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it is reccomended that teeagers and young adults get 8 hours of sleep, are you getting your 40 winks in?
  if i get 4 hours im lucky
  i only get about 5
  i get 6
  7 here
  barely make it at 8
  wait so i have to cut back? that dosent sound right.
View Results

mufftigg

Enduring Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 pm
I almost continually go between too much sleep and too little sleep...

I have a hard time shutting down brain activity enough to fall asleep completely, but when I do actually fall completely asleep, I can be a nightmare to wake up.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:51 am
I used to have this clock. The rest of the people in this house. Used to yoke about it sounding like a buss backing up. The sound was somewhat similar. Here, this alarm would sound in my room. Waking up everyone downstairs and upstairs in the house. Yet, it was sitting right next to my bed. I didn't stir a bit. Though, on occasion. I would here that sound in my dreams and wake up. Seldom, was the thing ever effective. So, we just unplugged the clock and it sits in my room unused. Not that it was useful in the first place.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Mordacia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm
Totally not enough... at all! emo Usually I get between 2 to 4 hours in normal days, 7 at weekends and sometimes even a couple days without sleeping. Head goes burning_eyes And insomnia does not help. cry  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:46 pm
cripes i feel for ya siter....  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

l-VK-l

4,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:29 am
I get a nice 1-3 hours a day. Horridly fun schedule. Then around the middle of the month or the end I get a nice 18-20 hour nap in. Followed by pizza.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 am
Usually i try to go to sleep around midnight until 6am for a total 6 hours of sleep. But lately i haven't managed to get to sleep until about 3 or 4 in the morning. I still have to wake up at 6 so this missing sleep has been stacking up and affecting my college life. I don't want to take medicines because I am hard to wake as it is and might miss the whole morning if i do.
i make up for this with naps sometimes but mostly i sacrifice these naps for playing video games. >_<  

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 am
Naps can ruin a disheavaled sleep schedule. I was in your shoes untill two nights ago. The way I fixed my schedule is I stayed up 24 hours and on through to my desired bed time and went to sleep. My natural clock took over and landed me the sleep i needed and wanted.
Being the weekend would be an ideal time to see if it would work for you but I can't garuntee anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:24 pm
fubar0
Naps can ruin a disheavaled sleep schedule. I was in your shoes untill two nights ago. The way I fixed my schedule is I stayed up 24 hours and on through to my desired bed time and went to sleep. My natural clock took over and landed me the sleep i needed and wanted.
Being the weekend would be an ideal time to see if it would work for you but I can't garuntee anything.

I've actually tried what you purpose a number of times. There is a word of caution I would like to give. DO NOT, at any point. Do this two days in a row. If your body has become reliant on X hours of sleep. Then, that is the number of hours you need. Slaying up all day instead of going to sleep at the time you would normally go to sleep. Leaves your immune system weak.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:33 am
i can't see a need to stay up two days in a row to take care of this problem, but i agree. also balanced meals help.

on another note i learned that staying up 26 hours equates to a .05 BAC  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces