Recording (:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:42 am
I'm so excited because I get to record three of my songs today. I'm really pumped because I've finally got a few songs that can be recorded (I'm so slow at writing music...).

So I was curious as to how many other people have recorded their stuff themselves and how good/bad did the stuff turn out.

Expieriences people, I want expieriences!

Sorry, kind of hyper. But yeah, post away!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:48 am
my experiences have always been bad. all the computers in my house are not working at the moment,(long story) so im usuing a really crappy laptop that is from like the 90s. its has practically no memory and im using a cheap webcam to record and windows movie maker to edit. yeah, im that ghetto.

like i guess its tolerable and ppl always say you just your own music hardest, but i know it could be a lot better. im hoping to have everything done by new years. On This Night's Myspace

good luck with the recording  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 am
I have no idea the type of stuff we're using to record or what its called. Its in the music room at school and frankly its been put off until tomorrow because school got canselled for me.

But I hope it goes well.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:55 am
I just got a recording program, the Steinberg Cubase thing, and it's not bad, I started recording a few tracks, and I kinda like it, but we just got a different one, Protools, I believe, that's supposedly better. Having Windows Vista, or the new Windows 7 is apparently a problem when it comes to these recording systems...but still, it's exciting! mrgreen  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

XIX Eli XIX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:52 pm
at first REALLY bad, it happens to everyone though. If not then that person must be gifted. But now I'm good at it. Well at least I think I am..  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 pm
i have audacity, but i havnt done too much with it. i've recorded some gameboy stuff with it and it worked great. i'm gonna test it out with a microphone and acoustic stuff  

A B Up Start

Protecter_Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:22 am
A B Up Start
i have audacity, but i havnt done too much with it. i've recorded some gameboy stuff with it and it worked great. i'm gonna test it out with a microphone and acoustic stuff

I find that it works great with acoustic stuff.. I just have a problem with changing the format after I'm done recording :l Do you have any idea how to do that?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:30 am
Protecter_Soul
A B Up Start

I find that it works great with acoustic stuff.. I just have a problem with changing the format after I'm done recording :l Do you have any idea how to do that?

in file you should be able to export is wav or mp3. i also have switch sound file converter, which you can find for free, which can convert any audio file into any other audio file type.

i might record some acoustic stuff this weekend, cuz my sibs will be out of the house.  

A B Up Start

babystarkatt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 pm
My band recorded a few of our song's on a laptop mic. It didn't come out too great, but you can still hear the different insruments, if you don't mind being deaf from the cymbols.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 am
A B Up Start
Protecter_Soul
A B Up Start

in file you should be able to export is wav or mp3. i also have switch sound file converter, which you can find for free, which can convert any audio file into any other audio file type.

i might record some acoustic stuff this weekend, cuz my sibs will be out of the house.

Thanks alot you were a huge help!  

Protecter_Soul

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces