1- Mirror (see the Ravenclaw thread)
2- Driary
3- ?
4- Voldormort himslef
5- Locket
6-ring
7- ?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:36 pm
I vaguely subscribe to this notion (balance, it just makes sense considering how we've seen jo's mind work thus far), but I'd go something more like:

First Book = Harry's Scar or Voldemort himself
Second Book = Riddle's diary
Third Book = ??
Fourth Book = Nagini
Fifth Book = Merope's locket
Number Six = Marvolo's ring
Number Seven = (Helga's Cup?)

Although, technically, the placement is a bit random, weaving beteen whether the objects were found or destroyed or discovered in each volume. And if we use each academic year, rather than each novel, there's more wiggle room.  

i_heart_ron

Basil Musible

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:44 am
i_heart_ron
I vaguely subscribe to this notion (balance, it just makes sense considering how we've seen jo's mind work thus far), but I'd go something more like:

First Book = Harry's Scar or Voldemort himself
Second Book = Riddle's diary
Third Book = ??
Fourth Book = Nagini
Fifth Book = Merope's locket
Number Six = Marvolo's ring
Number Seven = (Helga's Cup?)

Hmm, maybe R.A.B did more then just the locket. I'm in the mindset that he's Regulus (like almost everyone) so it might have something to do with Sirius in the third book. If there really is a horcux in each book, seeing as there is very little Voldemort action in book three, it could have something to do with Sirius, something else Regulus took. According to the Lexicon time-line he died before the Potters did. I don't know, that's just something that struck me while reading that...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:15 pm
I'll let harry speak for himself...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

JewelWoods

DeeDee06

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:01 pm
Yes, I definately read somewhere (I think in an interview between JKR and Leaky Cauldron (??)) where JKR said that neither Harry nor his scar are horcruxes. I admit, that until I read that, I truly thought that Harry was a horcrux, and Voldemort never intended to actually kill him as a baby. It would make sense that Voldemort would entrust a portion of his soul to the only person he felt would be able to kill him. Think, Harry somehow succeeds in killing Voldemort, that means that Harry is still alive, and therefore, so is Voldemort's portion of soul within him. It would make sense from Voldemort's standpoint, he would assume that Harry would be as obsessed about life as he is, so Harry would never consider killing himself in order to kill Voldemort. I still enjoy that theory immensly, and was heartbroken when it was discounted by JKR herself.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:21 pm
From what I see I doubt that there is a Horcrux in each book especiallt sice JK did NOT create the book at the same time. In my perpective, the horcruxes are as follows: (not in any order)

1)Marvolo's ring

2)Slytherin's locket

3)Helga's cup

4)the diary

5)Nagini (the snake)

6)something from Ravenclaw or what i think... maybe his wand??

7)Voldemort himself  

bunny go splat rules

flying_wings

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:54 am
bunny go splat rules
From what I see I doubt that there is a Horcrux in each book especiallt sice JK did NOT create the book at the same time. In my perpective, the horcruxes are as follows: (not in any order)

We still can't ignore those piles and boxes of backstory.

I really don't think that Harry's scar is a Horcrux because of Lily's sacrifice. If that love protected Harry from Avada Kedavra, why not from becoming a Horcrux?

Edit: As for the remaining Horcruxes? I'd say that Dumbledore's probably right about Nagini (could that be a reason why her venom helped Voldemort besides the normal healing properties? I mean, it's not like Voldemort can't get another snake with Parseltongue). That would leave the Cup, Locket, Nagini, and Unknown Horcrux. The UH may be an item of Ravenclaw's or Gryffindor's.

Although I'd have to exclude the sword because Dumbledore would've been on guard after the Diary was exposed. It's mentioned that Dumbledore looked at the sword carefully, so I don't think it's a Horcrux.

Personally, I like this theory a bit:
http://felicitys-mind.livejournal.com/1383.html
Reason why? The trophy room's always open. I also like the bit about the Transfigured Cup too.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:55 pm
flying_wings

Personally, I like this theory a bit:
http://felicitys-mind.livejournal.com/1383.html
Reason why? The trophy room's always open. I also like the bit about the Transfigured Cup too.

I read this page, and it is very well thought out. I have to applaud the author for the effort and logical functions they have put into their arguement. While a good chunk of it is questionable in my mind, the basics are very intriging. I like the idea that the Hufflepuff cup is in the trophy room, whether transfigured or not. The part that I find a little weak is the references to the secret passageways and suggested correlations between the mentioning of transfiguration and the trophy room as reasons for the location of the cup.

I don't believe that the secret passageways are a reason for it's location, but if correct, they could serve as a vital resource for Harry during the ultimate showdown. As for the mentioning of transfiguration at times related to the trophy room, this could really just be a coincidence. When we try to think of the locations within Hogwarts that are mentioned frequently enough to draw attention to them, while not being main areas of action (commonroom, Great Hall, Library, Forbidden Forest, the girls bathroom, the lake, etc.) we are left with the trophy room, various classrooms, the owlrey, and probably more ... are they of great significance or are they just locations where Harry et al. inevitably will visit during their years at Hogwarts?

With reference to Peeves and the trophy room, it is possible that it is just a convenient location to mention ... a lot easier to say "the trophy room" than "the hallway outside the kitchen" or "the stairwell under the North Tower" for instance. Peeves can only "bounce around" so many location and it is possible that he just prefers the trophy room without implying any importance.

Some may say that this argument is just as vague as some of the ones mentioned on the link, and I will agree whole heartedly. I'm not attempting to discredit her argument, just pointing out that it may not be as ironclad as some of the other plot predictions floating around.

I guess, at the end of this ramble, I am saying that I really like the trophy room/Hufflepuff cup scenario, just not for all of the reasons listed on that page. I think her most important connections are numbers 9 and 17 in her list. They really struck a chord with me and seemed to follow along with the way in which JKR has been writing throughout the series.  

DeeDee06

Debating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff