Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Prose
So you want to know our Story? (first 5 posts are mine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mia_MaxRide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 am
Okay, I have no idea really where to put this, but I need some advice. I'm going to post it, and you need to tell me what you think is going on, what the Characters are trying to say, all that stuff. This is a part in my story, but I want to see if it can stand alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:34 am
Mia
So, you want to know my story?
Feed it, feed the power. Oh… it’s so close. Remember the power. Feed on it.

I was an ordinary girl. Someone who danced, did Guides, someone who laughed. Someone who had friends, a family. Someone who had secrets. My brother always wanted what was best for me, tried to make the decisions that protected me. The last one he made didn’t help a lot. But he was only human after all.
Remember the wrath, the power.
Please, let me out. Let me feel the pain, the blood.
Let me taste flesh. Let me quench the blood lust.

I’m not human anymore. My brother would have never chosen this path if he knew what would happen to me. I haven’t been completely human for over four years, maybe longer. I am no longer the happy little girl I once was. I am no longer the small child that will be pushed around. I am no longer normal.
Please… let me kill him. Let me kill them. Let me kill them all.

I look into a mirror, and there is something slightly different each time. A new scar, different looking eyes, less or more meat on my bones. Look at me, and you see more than just a troubled teen wandering around. You will see a battle raging. A battle between two different races, who have been fighting for longer than anyone knows, while a girl fights for her sanity. You see as hate collides with pride, as demon fights to spill blood, while Dragon try’s to protect a child’s innocence.
They killed your friends. Pay them all back. I’ll help.
You heard right, Dragon, Demon… and a 16 year old kid. That’s what makes me wear the baggy clothing, makes me look away when I first make eye contact, makes me keep from getting to close to you. Makes me turn away… and run as fast as I can.
Because I can catch you when you run.
He, he, he, he, he. Trying to act human?
Trying to act normal?
Don’t make us laugh.
Beast.

My brother sold me to demons, hoping they would give me their power, hoping I would survive.
Oh, ho, ho. Don’t’ make me laugh. He sold you to pay his own debt.
Not that it helped much.
He didn’t care where you ended up, as long as he was free.

Most Demons lie. This one that I’m blooded with can’t, and it can’t twist the truth too. Only stay quiet. So I know this little tidbit is true. Great, another fact to add to this hell hole of a life. All I want is for someone to end this… no, I want to live. I want to see everyone grow up. I want to be able to take the four stooges to school, watch them grow. I want to see Shay find that special someone. I want to watch as Dean and Jo make their way down the aisle. I want to plan how Dean’s going to propose to the poor girl. I want to be able to watch as all of us graduate from school. I want to see all these thing and so much more. But…I don’t want to hurt anyone.
Please… I’m begging you now, let me free!

A demon begging, well that’s new. Back to the real subject… you needing to know the truth. I was made to be a weapon, and can really only stay sane with adrenaline rushes. I’ve tried the whole normal life thing. It’s too stressful for me. For example: I can hear your heart beating over a block away. And half of me is screaming to run and kill you.
Kill, blood, so warm. Kill them all. CUT THEM DOWN!

Don’t get me wrong. I like you… whoever you are. You’ve taken the time to let a girl vent, and that is all you needed to do. But please understand this. I will kill you without thought. If the demon takes over, I’ll be smiling when I do it. Please forgive me, and don’t think of me as a hero, because I’m not. Yes, I have defended dozens of worlds for a long time now, killed hounds that were threatening the innocent for as long as I remember. But I don’t know how long that will last.
Kill them, kill them. You can smell them, taste their blood. Help me out here. I’ll be good… I promise, as long as you let me take control. Eternal silence for one single life. Please… it can only be one. You know what will happen if I break loose, if I take total control.
It’ll be more than one.

You see, I can’t keep living with this. Everyday I grow weaker. Everyday, the girl gives up a little more. Everyday the dragon grows wearier. Everyday, the demon feeds on emotion… getting stronger.
My 'brothers' were Hunters. Demon hunters… and they said they would never let me go to far. But they never expected to actually have to face that. That’s why there are two graves with their names on it. That’s why I’m trying so hard not to listen to your heart beating.
Let me free.

There’s a gun in the drawer. Fully loaded…. Just in case.
You can do it. Let me go.

You will do it—right? You have the guts to pull the trigger. I know you do.
I’m getting stronger.

You’re going to have to do it soon.
He,he,he,he… no more resistance from you.

You can do it. Please do it. I don’t want to kill you.

Too Late.  

Mia_MaxRide

Mia_MaxRide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:54 am
Kit
Mia doesn't remember much about her childhood.
There was a little creek.

I do.
Everyday, fish would play. And the sun would laugh.

My dad and I would go fish by that creek. Momma would be in the kitchen cooking up a storm. Then I turned Five. Had to walk four Miles to school, another four back home… just kidding. We lived in a more rundown part of town. But there was a stream, with a lot to fish. The school was only a block away.
How sweet a childhood, how sweet a life.
How false the security, how false the safety.

Very few people know what it's like to be immediately hated. I went home that day in an ambulance. My arm was broken in two different places. No more fishing for me. At least for a month. Momma cried that whole day.
No one really noticed the screaming of a defenseless child.
They teach you to yell 'fire' if you're in trouble. No one bothers when you yell help.

For a week, I refused to go to school. Dad pleaded, Momma bribed, even though there was little they could get me with the paychecks we were sitting on. I can't remember why, but something finally made me go.
Wildflowers, sturdy little things.
They'll live forever, always coming back. Living here others can't.
Just a little wildflower.

Her name was June. She always hated her name. Said there was no originality in it. Born June first, I could see her point. But in kindergarten, I thought it was the name of angels. As Forrest Gump says, 'She was my Bestest good friend.'
Angels come, and angels go. What stays is the brilliance of the light
No mortal can compare the glare of an angel.

She said I was a fox, the way I ran. My hair was a strawberry blonde. The first day back, she stood beside me. She had a lot of other friends, and let me join her little coven. I was protected by the innocence of children.
Childhood love, Childhood love. It almost seems trivial.
Until you remember how important it was to you.
And how much it has done for you.

We were friends all the way into Grade Six. That's when everything changed. They showed me her reaction then the 'police' informed her that I was dead. Them being people of the sick place that changed me into what I am know. Part Human, Part Fox, part Shifter.
God created the heaven, and the Earth, and the human Race.
I don't think he meant to create me.

I guess I got it off better than Mia, or Chase. I like being a Shifter, being able to change into whatever my mind can come up with. The only problem is the Time span. I can shift into whatever I want when I start, but I can't change back into my real shape for at least a half an hour. It's still great to pull up from a Falcon dive, to land on the ground and start running life a wolf.
Take what you can, give nothing back.
… It could have been worse.

I can never go back to my old family. The other's never really had a family. There's nothing left for them. But I could always go back to June…
And the lion fell in love with the Lamb.
What a Suicidal Lamb.
What a Sadistic Lion.

Nah, it'll just cause problems. Besides, when this war is over, she'll know I'm here, and she can choose whether she wants to be with me. The other three don't really like what they have. I love it, but at the price of my old life. That's the catch for me.
The thing the Demons are laughing about.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 am
Shay
I was never a violent kid. Never a loud kid.
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the LORD your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you.

I guess that all changed when I was Ten.
Let the children come to me, do not hinder them;
for to such belongs the kingdom of God.
Truly, I say to you, whoever does not
receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it

I'm the youngest in our pack. I'm twelve right now… I'm pretty sure on that. Kit calls me the baby, goofing around as usual. Mia lets me have more choices than the others, babying me. Chase never does much, but I can see he will protect me with everything he has.
I am the way,
The truth,
And the light

I'm all right with that. It makes me feel more… human. Mia is Dragon and Demon, Kit it Shifter and Fox, Chase is Wolf and Spirit. And me-- I am Hound and Hyena.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

Hound, peoples souls tortured so much that they take a deal offered to them. Become one of Hells hounds. That's what I'm blooded with. It's not as bad as Mia's, mostly instinct. This is where what I first said comes into play.
To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for,
to be certain of the things we cannot see.
It was by their faith that people of ancient times won God's approval.

Faith that instinct won't take over when I walk past a meat shop, or see someone bleeding. We all have our burdens. Instinct's just that much stronger for me. Being the quiet kid, I wasn't expecting the slaughter I first created when they pitted me against a coven of hounds. Twelve in all, down in fifteen minutes-- that's one minute and fifteen seconds per hound. Faith is very important to me, as I need to believe the Lord will grant me with the strength not to kill my friends.
This is my beloved this is my friend.

They are the most significant things in my life right now. They know me better than I know myself, and I'm not just saying that. We four have been together ever since Valhalla captured me. And I never had anything back where I came from. Just a ragtag bunch of homeless kids wandering around, getting slammed, or high, or doped. So I really don't miss much. Yeah, I'm still with a ragtag group of kids. But we understand each other, we will protect each other, and we won't ditch each other is the cops come around the corner.
I am your Shield,
I am your sword

We are kids, surviving in a world that was not made for us. Being hunted every day, every hour, every minute. They will never stop looking for us, they will never stop hurting people, and they will never stop preparing for the war to come. And we will never stop fighting back, never stop protecting, never stop wearing them down and creating chaos.
This is the way the world ends.

Mia_MaxRide

Mia_MaxRide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:16 am
Chase
Wolves are divided into certain rankings, depending on their size of pack.
So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become.

You have the Alphas. Female, then Male. Then you have the Betas. These are usually older males and females. They help with the cubs the most. They have power, but they stay hidden in the crowd, never doing much. Then you have the Omega wolf/wolves. These are the weaklings that you put up with because they are family.
You thought you were standing beside me
You were only in my way
You’re wrong if you think that I’ll be just like you

Mia says I'm the Alpha Male in this little pack. Someone on the outside might say I'm a Beta. That could work. I'm the Silent type. That kind of guy girls go gaga over because we're so 'mysterious'. But in my eyes, I am the omega. The weakest link.
Special, you think your special you do;
I can see it in your eyes,
I can see it when you laugh at me,
look down on me and, you walk around on me

There is one member of the leaders of Valhalla. That screwed up place that made us who we were. That one member is my Brother.
Once I called you brother
Once I thought the chance
to make you laugh
Was all I ever wanted...

We used to do everything together. He trained me to fight, to shoot a gun, to protect my turf. We didn't really live in the safest place in town. But he taught me everything he knew. Well… almost everything.
Everywhere I turn, I hurt someone
But there's nothing I can say
to change the things I've done
I'd do anything within my power
I'd give everything I've got
But the path I seek is hidden
from me now

He wanted power so much, that he traded his soul to the Devil… literally. Then, he decided to test his powers. Killed everyone who had ever hurt him, ever fought him. But there was a bloodlust now. Something that couldn't be stopped. He killed my Mom and Dad. I was at school late that day. Trying to catch up with my work to make him proud. I got home to see blood everywhere. I walked in the door, trying to figure out how a gang could have snuck up here.
There's no way out of this dark place
No hope, no future
I know I can't be free
But I can't see another way
I can't face another day

Imagine my surprise to find him sitting on the couch, watching TV, with my parents dead at his feet. He told me that he wanted me to catch up to him. Told me to work my hardest. Then he left, letting the cops find a crying six year old clutching to his dead parents. No one ever found my brother, there was no trail to follow.
What if I wanted to break
Laugh it all off in your face
What would you do?
What if I fell to the floor
couldn't take all this anymore
what would you do?

That is why I am the weakest link. I was always taught that revenge is the only way. That is all I know. One of these days, it'll be too much for me to handle, and I will snap.
Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you

One of these days, I will hunt my brother down, and put him through the same pain he has put me through. One of these days, Mia will snap, and something will have to be done. And that will leave Shay and Kit to fend for themselves in a world they don't understand.
I tried to be someone else
But nothing seemed to change
I know now, this is who I really am inside

This path is inevitable. You can see in my songs, that there is no way I can change. I am sorry to anyone that this affects. But this is all I know. I am the Omega. I am the end.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
My name is Mia
My name is Kit
My name is Shay
My name is Chase

You now know a little more about us
A little more about them
You know what is happening now
Prepare yourself

There is a war coming
It can't be stopped
But we can fight