Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what should i do?
  stay with him
  end it
View Results

-Dotted-Delete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:07 am
This is pretty long, but please read I've shorten it to as much as I can.

Here is the situation, I'm 22 and I'm in the middle of getting my master degree in Doctor of Medicine. My family are not financial as supported as it should be, we had a couple of rough time paying for my university feed. I live in Korea, (**the local university feed is affordable, but I'm studying in the international section which means we pay 4 times as much as what is needed to be paid).

I'm in love with this guy, whom I've known since 8. He asked me out on when I was 9. Of course I've always thought it was puppy love and it wouldn't turn this serious. This year is our 13th Anniversary. We were from different school in asia (totally different country) , but we met each other because we were exchange student and we happen to end up getting place at the same place in USA (what are the chances)

He the same age as me. He lives in Hong Kong now, and he's studying at Hong Kong Univeristy.

Ever since we're 17 there was distance between us, but since my dad was working in China (in a town that was close to HK) We took turn getting on the 3 hour train ride to see each other. Then we've entered University. He was there and I was here... I took some special program so I got into college when I was 17 and he was still in 11th grade. (lmao XD ) we promised after that we would go to Hong Kong Univeristy together. But as life is full of surprises.

My dad got laid. He's currently Jobless and so is my mom. My 86 year old grandpa who saved enough money for me to go to college is the one who's supporting me currently. That's was the reason why I couldn't go to Hong Kong university. But despite that fact we're still together. He's now in his second year of college and I'm here getting my master degree done.

The problem since my family are having financial problem, everyone has been asking me to switch my university into a Local Korean University instead and to end up getting a job here and spending my life here. Problem is I can read simple korean , but I can't write korean ...and if I do study really hard and get into the local korean univeristy I'm left with the option of ending my relationship...But i can't afford to go to Hong Kong university right now.

#2 , my boy friend doesn't have the choice of coming to korea to study for his university, so he'll probably finishes up his Doctoral Degree in HK and end up living there.

#3 , being a doctor (going to be), we don't get that much time to see each other when there's distance.

#4 , we are both ready to sacrifice our friends and everyone for each other, but if I finish my doctoral degree in Korea, I can't possibly go to HK and work in the hospital there, same goes for my bf.

My bf & I planned that I would go and finish up in HK & we would work there together and start our little story...but currently with all the things going on we're looking at our 13 year of relationship ending...We've even ran a trail break up (lol I know it's stupid) but we couldn't even last 2 hours with the thought of our relationship is ending.
We just don't know what to do anymore. . . I don't know what to do.

Should I make everything better for my family and just learn korean writing and switch to the local section because of our financial problem and give up my relationship?

Or

Should I keep studying in the international university in korea and try to get a scholarship to Hong Kong. And let my family struggle with the financial stuff until I graduate from HK and work there and get to be with my bf. (idk if I'm even able to graduate after another 2 years because of family financial plan)
(((Scholarship that's really hard because scholarship are given out to student with GPA 4 my GPA is 3.87-3.9 .There're 3 student in my major who has GPA 4 and 3 of them is trying out for the scholarship. & even if I get a scholarship I have to come back to korean.)))

I really want other opinion on this. Thank you so much for help =] and your care.
I just don't know what I should do. . .Most likely, I can't have both things.

(Sorry for ESL moment if there are any in this post xD )  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 am
I think you mean your dad was "laid off". What you said means something else entirely.

But more seriously, it sounds like you and your boyfriend really love each other to stay in a long distance relationship for so long. You two deserve to be able to have a life together. I would say don't let money get in the way of that. You never know about that scholarship, so at least apply for it. Look for other scholarships or financial aid opportunities. I have to admit I have no idea how the system works in Korea or Hong Kong. Are there other private scholarships that you could apply for? Even a little money helps. Can you borrow money and make a plan to pay it off after you are employed? In short, I don't know if there are ways to get the money you need, but I would say try everything that you can because you deserve to be with your boyfriend.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm
It sounds like you two love eachother a great deal. And if you have that kind of love there's always a way.

There's no reason to give up on this, if you really want to transfer then make the money, apply for outside scholarships. Don't give up just because it seems impossible right now. I'm sure if you look, and work hard you will find a way.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:44 pm
Hmm... I'm not sure if you're allowed to post the same thread in two subforums.

Anyway, if you haven't checked your other thread, my response is here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17650115  

shall she sail seas

bella_swan8456

7,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:25 pm
i think u should stay with him. if u love him that much then if i were u i would stay with him no matter what, cuz thats what love is.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games