Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
So close, yet so far. (Input please?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iTammie-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:57 pm
Okay... so I kind of like this guy. Well... not just kind of like him... I'm literally obsessed with him. The only problem is...
A) He's three years older than me
B) He probably already has a girlfriend his age
and C) He's almost like my brother.

I can't get him out of my head, and my parents think I'm obsessed. Do you think I should keep it bottled up inside of me? Or should I just let it go and how should I; since I'm unable to do it by myself right now. Anything really to avoid telling my parents would be helpful... but if it can't be helped... it can't be helped. We see each other almost everyday, and text. Help?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:45 pm
How long have you liked him for?
My first thought was it's just a passing infatuation. It happens, I've had it. But it passes in a year or so. And then that spark is gone, you see more of his flaws, and then you find out he's boring, or the two of you don't work well together..

The way you pointed out that he's three years older, makes me think you're under 18. Or under 16?
If so, I'm gonna say chances are it's not real love so don't do it. Otherwise, just carefully reflect on your feelings and this guy. Like, Why do you like him? Do you share a lot of interests? What are his flaws, and are they something that would wear on you if you turned this into a long term relationship?

Be careful when you make your decision. Obsession can especially cloud your judgment to make you think he's perfect when he's not.  

MooMooJuice

iTammie-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:08 pm
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think he's perfect. I already see his flaws, he has many physical and mental ones. I've liked him for... close to 9 months. Yes, you are correct when you say that I'm under sixteen. After all, the guy I like is sixteen.

I really like him because he's probably the sweetest boy I've ever met. We share so many interest, since I'm more of a boy than a girl. I don't think his flaws would wear on me.... except that he isn't very intelligent. Hell, I'm probably smarter than he is... but that's okay. He has ten times more common sense, and he's ubberly responsible.

Thanks for the input!  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff