Submit

The Crimson Soldier
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 pm
In realism I solo'd my first boss on the first try, and I've solo'd The throne room on my first try, both by accident because people died right away, or had to leave. Now, In fiction...

The whole world flipped upside down that day. I'm sure you're aware of it:That: The damned explosion. The day they dragged me off screaming.

I could see it from Barton as I waited for a rusty old motorcycle to come ripping down the trails of Zen. Nobody really left the towns or Barton in those days, unless you were shopping... But I rarely stepped outside the walls. Everywhere else was a foreign place to me. It happened, plain in the middle of day: The whole sky lit up with a blinding light. Nothing happened, but I always knew something would... Something.

And one day it did. Miles and miles around, everything seemed to come to life, and screams erupted. Horror gripped my heart, and I ran. And I ran miles, only to be dragged off the Durem path. I could hear the shouts of 'It's not safe!' and 'You can't go that way!', but only my heart screamed louder then them, wanting to reach Durem. There was somebody there, but it:That: The damned explosion made it impossible to get to them. There would be no motorcycle ripping down the paths to get me anymore.

I could only numbly listen as it happened, and then Nicolae came into town.

Quote:

Neeeeeeigh!!

"Woah-Ho, watch out there, Kid!" Nicolae shouted, quickly calming his horse down. Candy, in a daze, had run right into the side of it, and surprised the horse. "Sorry," She muttered. "I didn't see you there." His hand ran over the fur of his horses neck, back and forth, then he looked down to really see Candy for the first time. Her clothes weren't the best, but she wasn't a n00b. She made no move to stand, or to even return Nico's gaze. The sides of his mouth went up in a sly smile; She was in a daze. This could be an easy sell. He extended a hand down to help her. "Here, let me help you." She took his hand, standing. He quickly slipped his hand from hers, and started talking.

"You look lost, so it must be fate that we met, for I specialize is finding ways: not like directions, because I suck with directions (unless there's some gold involved), but direction in life. My name is Nicolae, and I'm a traveling vendor with a wagon full of life-changing wonders. What may look like your average doo-hicky or what's-that in my shop is not so, for I only sell the finest of wares that you won't find anywhere else." Candy had started to shake her head and walk away, but Nicolae quickly put an arm around her shoulder and ushered her back. "Tut-tut-tut, looks like we have a non-believer! Luckily for you, I still believe it was fate that made us cross paths, and I will not let you pass such an opportunity up. Have you heard of the Animated?" Before Candy even got out one nod of the head, he shouted in a jolly voice: "Well of course you have, those nasty suckers are running around everywhere! So, you must know that they can't be slain by normal means... But they can be slain."

This caught her attention. She didn't know that the Animated had a weakness. Nicolae's smile grew. Hook, line, and sinker. "Ah, so you didn't?" His hand slipped from her shoulders, and he reached into his coat's inner pocket, withdrawing a ring. "the Animated can only be killed with these magical rings. They've become very popular lately..." Candy's hand reached for the ring eagerly, but Nicolae closed his palm and hid his hand behind his back. "Ah-ah-ah, don't touch. That ring is priceless; It's the only thing that can save you from the monsters outside these walls."

"How can I get it from you?" Her words came out rushed.

"It's not cheap."

"Name your price."

Nicolae put on an act of considering it, letting the air tense up. He grinned as slyly as the wily Cheshire cat. "Everything you've got."

She scrambled in her pockets for money, only producing a few thousand. Nicolae's face fell. "Don't play with me, I know you have more." She shook her head. "I can't give this ring for those measly scraps. It's priceless!" And with that he pocketed the ring and started to walk away. Her hand reached out and grabbed the back of his coat. Irritation grew within Nicolae, and he looked back over his shoulder with a glare, which faded quickly. He didn't expect to see the young-woman in tears. "Please, Please... You don't get it, I need that ring!..." Nicolae looked forward again. From behind he looked like a stone-cold statue, but from the front his face showed an expression like someone had punched him in the gut. He couldn't stand to see a woman cry, and so tried purposely to do business with either men, or women who wouldn't cry. Obviously his assessment of this particular female had been wrong. "Please, please, please!.." She begged, choking up.

"You have GOT to be kidding me..." He turned around and ruffled his hair, trying not to look at Candy. "Aw, c'mon, don't cry. You have to understand that business is business... I can't just do this..." As her begging continued his defense was shattered. "Alright, alright! I'll give you the ring, for free even! Just please stop crying!" He pulled out the ring and shoved it on one of her fingers. Her tears stop, and she stared at the ring in disbelief. "Just think of using it, and it works." There was a moment of stillness, and then Candy's arms were around Nico's neck and she was blurting out thank you's as she hugged him tightly. He cringed, patting her back and pulling his face as far away as he could from her. "Alright, Alright! I get it, you're grateful. Now will you get off!" She hopped back a few steps, thanking him again, and then running off.

"Yeah, whatever." He muttered. Rubbing his neck, he sat down on his stool and cursed himself in his head for his weakness to a damsel in distress. "Not a single piece of gold, either." Nicolae let out a sigh, resting his elbows on his knees and looked down. To his surprise, there was a solitary piece of gold lying between his feet. His picked it up and observed it; It looked new enough to see his reflection in. He grinned, tossing the coin in the air and then catching it. "Well, it's not all bad. Hope that ring works for her; I found it on the side of the road."

And that, my friends, is the story of how it all began for me.

((Sorry if it's lengthy, I was in the groove.))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:33 pm
hi everyone im new here so i dont know whats going on but i come up with god ideas like before u do ss go to null put all ur buffs in ur tray and use them all i call it buff storm plus u get full rage well thats one of my ideas im tyler hi everyone im new  

The Phnominal One

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Reglare Excile
Vice Captain

Friendly Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:24 pm
Hello tyler. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 am
i got stuck in my office < that a hell of a story !  

Helgast123
Crew

3,350 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

PVM Queen

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:19 am
Luk at meh achievement! We are onli 2 ppl but weve gone diz far

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/old-adequate-survival/t.68113789/  
Crusaders' Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff