Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
-sigh- How do I tell him that I like him?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aataga

Shameless Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Yo! My name is Ashley and I recently entered 8th grade. I use to not be so crazy about getting a boyfriend but I find myself losing that part of me. I have yet to lose my first kiss and haven't even had a boyfriend. Well, I recently found this guy attractive at my school, his name is Zack. Really cute to me but people say he is a jerk. But I'm still willing to be his girlfriend.

One of my friends have been trying to make me talk to him but I can't. I act really weird by that I mean, I make sex jokes, talk video games etc. Like a guy, and I think it'll be foreign to me if I try and be polite when telling him I like him.

I can't talk to him without making a fool of myself either. Every time I get a chance to talk with him, I screw it up by saying something totally stupid and perverted.

----
But my question is how do I get him alone and tell him?
I have no classes with him at all. I see him in the hall, before school in the gym, and after school outside. But I don't even talk to him. I always see him around one of his best friends, Jordan. And damn, Jordan is a major jerk to me, and I don't want him to see me telling Zack I like him. But how do I tell Zack that I have feelings for him? Am I even cut out for a relationship?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:10 pm
I know it's old fashioned, but you can always write him a note. Tell him you want to talk to him alone, and give him your cell number or messenger ids or something. Ways can be found, trust me. Or just schedule some time away from Jordan to talk to Zack in private.  

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 pm
You sound exactly like my middle school self. Didn't care about getting a boyfriend, acted as one of the guys, and then BAM! Really wanted to date. I feel for you :/ Middle school is tough. But you only have one more year, no worries! I doubt you "Screw it up". If you really say something you didn't mean to, make a joke out of it! Laugh it off! Act cool, like you "meant" to say it lol. Ask for an IM? Add him on Facebook. Just talk to him a little. It's hard, but just message him with "Hi" and see what happens. Remember, online you dont have to worry about "saying something stupid" and you get a chance to watch what you say. It might help you make a good impression. Once you get talking, say hi to him in the halls. Give him a nice smile and wave. Keep talking to him, too. Just be really friendly and show interest. Honestly, then you just tell him. Ask him to hang out. Try hanging out in a group of friends! Keep it casual and cool. Good luck!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm
Chat with him. You need to open up. Act like yourself. When I hang out with boys, I chat about everyday things.  

cerealseri

6,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Citizen 200

cerealseri

6,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm
lola306
Chat with him. You need to open up. Act like yourself. When I hang out with boys, I chat about everyday things.

Eventually just tell him. Flat out.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:20 pm
neutral

You are in 8th grade. Why in gods name are kids in such a rush to get a boyfriend/first kiss. You are a kid, why the hell should you be worrying about these things?

If you really like this guy just tell him, but I will warn you. He is still young too. The relationship most likely will not last. Kids your age are not capable of love, the confuse "puppy love" for actual love. Protect your heart, that's all I've got to say.  

Matron Mord Sith

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 pm
I am your Mord Sith
neutral

You are in 8th grade. Why in gods name are kids in such a rush to get a boyfriend/first kiss. You are a kid, why the hell should you be worrying about these things?

If you really like this guy just tell him, but I will warn you. He is still young too. The relationship most likely will not last. Kids your age are not capable of love, the confuse "puppy love" for actual love. Protect your heart, that's all I've got to say.

It's when the hormones start kicking in. I was exactly like this in 8th grade. What pisses me off is when they convince themselves that their boyfriend is their soulmate. It's like ".....No. You're in 8th grade." Same goes with HS. It pisses me off when people think they're gonna marry their date. They dont realize that it's HIGH SCHOOL. No matter how great the person may be, chances are you will break up and never see each other again so enjoy it while it lasts. Nothing wrong with wanting a bf in 8th grade, but they cant let it go to their heads (I never did, unlike most 13 year olds) and I had my first kiss in 7th. I regret it deeply, not because of the age but just because of the circumstances and age in general. It could've been with the same guy, but I really wish I could've changed when it happened in general.

I know SIXTH graders that think they have bf/gfs. It's like "....No. A supervised trip to the ice cream store is not a date. You aren't going out with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:28 pm
The_Brightest_Moon
I am your Mord Sith
neutral

It's when the hormones start kicking in. I was exactly like this in 8th grade. What pisses me off is when they convince themselves that their boyfriend is their soulmate. It's like ".....No. You're in 8th grade." Same goes with HS. It pisses me off when people think they're gonna marry their date. They dont realize that it's HIGH SCHOOL. No matter how great the person may be, chances are you will break up and never see each other again so enjoy it while it lasts. Nothing wrong with wanting a bf in 8th grade, but they cant let it go to their heads (I never did, unlike most 13 year olds) and I had my first kiss in 7th. I regret it deeply, not because of the age but just because of the circumstances and age in general. It could've been with the same guy, but I really wish I could've changed when it happened in general.

I know SIXTH graders that think they have bf/gfs. It's like "....No. A supervised trip to the ice cream store is not a date. You aren't going out with them.

When I was in 8th grade all the girls still thought that boys had cooties. At that age I was more into my video games and cartoons. I guess my generation is different. I didn't get my first boyfriend until I was 16 and thats when I had my first kiss.  

Matron Mord Sith

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:42 pm
I am your Mord Sith
The_Brightest_Moon
I am your Mord Sith
neutral

When I was in 8th grade all the girls still thought that boys had cooties. At that age I was more into my video games and cartoons. I guess my generation is different. I didn't get my first boyfriend until I was 16 and thats when I had my first kiss.

I think it always depends on the people you were around, too. Honestly all through middle school I practically was one of the guys, in who I hung out with, the way I dressed and acted, etc.... I didnt care until 8th grade. Sure I had crushes but I didnt act upon them (also the dude I liked and I were like bro and sis, always hanging out, never separated, always went places together, we even went to restaurants together. With parents of course. Point is though we practically already were "dating", if you can in 7th grade). Some girls are like "I LOVE HIM" in 6th grade and its like "....No you dont". It not only depends on the generation but the people themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:12 am
write a note heart thats how i got the attention of of my curent Master 4laugh im sure it will work vary much the same way

you could write your e mail address and say

hey i think your really cute e mail me some time

(your name here)  

Ofelia1802

600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 am
The_Brightest_Moon
I am your Mord Sith
The_Brightest_Moon
I am your Mord Sith
neutral

I think it always depends on the people you were around, too. Honestly all through middle school I practically was one of the guys, in who I hung out with, the way I dressed and acted, etc.... I didnt care until 8th grade. Sure I had crushes but I didnt act upon them (also the dude I liked and I were like bro and sis, always hanging out, never separated, always went places together, we even went to restaurants together. With parents of course. Point is though we practically already were "dating", if you can in 7th grade). Some girls are like "I LOVE HIM" in 6th grade and its like "....No you dont". It not only depends on the generation but the people themselves.

My friends and I were big gamers. I kinda laugh at hoe childlike we were. We would all just play games together and have a good time. Now that I'm grown up and try and game with my male friends, they seem either very awkward around me or ended up crushing on me hard. I sometimes wish that we could go back to the way things were before we grew up. I really miss those days.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games