Submit

your language?
  swear?
  no swear?
View Results

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 am
I don't swear, because I personally don't think it's appropriate. Plus swearing holds no purpose. It doesn't make some one sound more mature or intelligent. It also does not help any one express themselves better or get the point across any better.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 pm
We are to be Christ like, and I don't think that I would hear Jesus dropping some "f-bombs" or saying other vulgar words.

I do swear.
I do it a lot.
But i am trying to stop swearing, it isn't funny and it doesn't make you look cool.
In fact it is a bit trashy in my opinion.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:40 am
I think it depends on context more than anything if you should swear or not. One of the big complaints about Paul back in the day I remembered hearing about was how vulgar his speech was.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 am
I don't swear, i think it shows that you lack the intelligence to convey what your trying to say without being vulgar.(no offense to anyone, i know how it is when you just get mad and swear) I don't think Jesus would want us to swear either.  

Zolof Keeper Of Souls

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:46 pm
Profanity is the inevitable linguistic cruch of the inarticulate motherf*cker. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 pm
rmcdra
I think it depends on context more than anything if you should swear or not. One of the big complaints about Paul back in the day I remembered hearing about was how vulgar his speech was.

This makes me giggle lol

@thread: My views are pretty clearly laid out in earlier posts, but I'll post a recap since the thread has been revived.

I swear. Partially because it's part of the world I live in. Most contemporary theatre has a lot of profanity, so there's really no avoiding it. but I also believe it's the intent behind the words, rather than the words themselves. If I tell you to go play in traffic, it's just as bad as saying go f*** yourself. But I don't think calling my giant plate of rice a big a** bowl of rice is really all that offensive.

Obviously I guard my speech in certain situations, but if I'm just bumming around with my friends and I know they don't care, it really doesn't bother me.

freelance lover
Crew

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:36 am
Galad Aglaron
Profanity is the inevitable linguistic cruch of the inarticulate motherf*cker. 3nodding

I cant help but laugh. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm
I do swear, but I try not to it's only men I'm really stressed and people mess with me that it slips.

I am known as the christian kid in school, because I TRY not to curse and tell people to try also.  

8Ares8

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:30 pm
What we have today isn't cursing. Words like sh*t and f*ck were very commonly used, and not that long ago. It's only recently that they've acquired this weird stigma. Cursing actually holds power. What fathers did for their sons in the Bible -- blessing AND cursing -- changed lives. Wishing someone ill, to their face, and detailing how horribly you want their lives to be is cursing. A little "hell" or "damn" isn't even a blip on that radar.

So, yes. I have the mouth of a sailor. If I'm upset enough, I have the abilty to use profanity as a comma. I'll curb myself around authority figures, kids, and such, since I know people will judge me by my language, but my friends and I just don't care. To be frank, other words don't have the same impact. If I wanted to call someone a "f*cking idiot" without cursing, it would take several more, less useful words to get across the depth of my hatred and disgust. Why not just go for the most succint path? And the same if I told someone to suck my left big toe (which, I'll admit, is a favorite of mine when a small child is rubbing my last nerve raw). The tone I say it in is more than enough to tell anyone old enough to understand the concept that I want them to go do something unsavory and probably anatomically impossible to themselves.  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games