Submit

Do you like them?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm
I'm not talking about novels written in the same universe as a movie (like all the Star Wars or Star Trek books), but books that are actually the movie written down in a book.

I like them because I always want to know more about the characters: why they did what they did, what were they thinking when they did this or how did they feel when that happened, etc. Anytime I watch a movie I really enjoyed I find myself looking for the book version.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:22 pm
I don't think I've ever read one. Can you give an example?  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:21 pm
Willow by Vinge
Underworld, Underworld: Evoloution, & Underworld: Rise of the Lycans by Cox
Dragonheart by Pogue

The list goes on (and on and on...) These are not to be confused with adaptations (such as LoTR, Narnia, etc) where the movie is based on a book, its just the opposite. The book was written based on the movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:05 pm
"Revenge of the Sith" by Matthew Stover, as much as I love the movie, the book fleshes out the movie in such a way that makes it better.  

Darth_Magus1

murphyad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:41 pm
I usually don't enjoy them. Perhaps because they are just the movie with a little backstory thrown in. It feels like cheating, or too simple of a read. Just surface reading. Perhaps a book that I would read while in a class, something that I can read while paying attention to something else.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games