Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
High ho Silver, away! [kangaskhaaan's Journal] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

out of the woods

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:27 pm
I wanted to thank all that have replied to my journal recently. I plan to take a bit of the advice given, and tell myself I'll die if I don't. BECAUSE:

I weighed myself today. I am now 228 lbs.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:13 pm
I have been debating becoming vegan for moral/it-seeming-unsanitary reasons for the past couple of years, but haven't taken much action due to laziness. Is it any more or less helpful to losing weight to alternate to such a diet? Should on transition slowly or is it okay to switch over randomly?

Also, is cardio, strength, and... I forgot what the other category was -- but are they all needed to properly lose weight? Or can one do it without the strength? I'm not really looking to get toned, just skinnier.

out of the woods

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:32 pm
I 'm vegan.
I love it.
It's helpful in losing weight if you eat healthfully, lots of veggies, beans, nuts, cooked grains, etc.

It's not healthy if you just cut out animal products but eat things that are 'vegan' such as white pastas and potato chips. Or up your sugar intake.

I lost 6lbs in the first 2 weeks of eating vegan, and I was mid/low 150s when I started.

There are a lot of great books on vegan nutrition and cooking.
I recommend 'Skinny b***h'
and 'Appetite for Reduction'.

Here's a good forum http://www.theppk.com/

Bam.
Do it, your body will thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:34 pm
Strength training is useful.
but it doesnt have to be lifting weights.
You'll lose more weight because muscle takes more calories to maintain, and strength training will burn more calories over time than cardio. Slooow burn.

Endurance, Flexibility, Strength.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

out of the woods

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 am
Man, I am 232 lbs. now.

I feel like I may as well call this my Weight Gaining journal.

gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm
No, don't give up!! You're probably gaining muscle weight back, that's good!!

C'mon man, you've just inspired ME. Keeping a schedule of what to do is a fantastic idea, I wish I'd thought of that. But no, I'm stoopid. I will draw up a schedule for myself the second I get home and do my darndest to follow it!!  

rahna

out of the woods

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm
rahna

C'mon man, you've just inspired ME. Keeping a schedule of what to do is a fantastic idea, I wish I'd thought of that. But no, I'm stoopid. I will draw up a schedule for myself the second I get home and do my darndest to follow it!!

Awh, well thank you. I will do my best to try and continue; I need to get past all the down-hill motions and start climbing upward again, that's all. Schedules do work if you're the sort of person that can follow them without making up excuses. Whenever you feel one coming, just vehemently tell yourself no.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:35 pm
out of the woods
rahna

Awh, well thank you. I will do my best to try and continue; I need to get past all the down-hill motions and start climbing upward again, that's all. Schedules do work if you're the sort of person that can follow them without making up excuses. Whenever you feel one coming, just vehemently tell yourself no.
blaugh

You're welcome, glad I can help. ^___^ I'm not the best at following schedules since I'm a HUGE procrastinator. But like I said, I will do my darndest. Excuses are nothing when I need to lose weight for the swimsuit season!)  

rahna

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces