Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).
Are these hacked?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they hacked?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

The Silent Paladin

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:01 pm
First of all, sorry in advance if this is in the wrong subforum, but I didn't see one that had questions and assistance or anything in it. Well here's the situation. I recently got some pokemon from the gts and I have reason to suspect they're hacked.

The details are as follows:
I got a lvl 45 female riolu that was CAUGHT I repeat CAUGHT at lvl 45. If that isn't suspicious enough, (since riolu aren't in the wild) it was in one of those safari balls from the great marsh and the letters of the original trainer's name looked different than any others in the game. Lastly, it said that the trainer obtained the riolu in "Faraway Place." I thought about releasing it until I got two more pokemon in the gts that also came from "Faraway Place," but from different trainers. They were a Pikachu and a Pinsir. However, where they were caught is the only suspicous thing about them. Besides that they would seem normal.

If this isn't a hack the only thing I think it could be is that I traded with people who had Pokemon Heartgold or Soulsilver before the u.s got it. But what do you think? And don't just say they're hacked, explain why or why not.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:06 pm
If they were from HG/SS wouldn't their names be in japanese text?
Sounds to me like you got scammed. :/  

mercury pandah

mercury pandah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:10 pm
Oh wait (sorry fr the double post), I think you can get a special event Riolu/Lucario... But I'm not sure if that'd be from faraway place or w/e. Yo're best of googleing it or head down to serebii. c:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:39 pm
I'm not sure about the Riolu, but I'm pretty sure that any Pokemon obtained through the GTS come from a far away place meaning a different game.  

Ransom of Thulcandra

shrab

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:53 pm
i believe the riolu is probably fake but the pikachu and pinsir are real. and faraway place appears when it came from an event in which the pkmn was directly given or if the pkmn was obtained outside the handheld games EX. pokemon collesium, XD gales of darkness, ect...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:42 am
Actually, there is a pretty good chance that they came from Heart Gold/Soul Silver, as Riolu is catchable in the HG/SS safari-zone after it gets leveled up (once you have gotten the national dex).

It is very likely that the two other pokemon come from the same place.  

krishnath

Orrun

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:36 pm
Yeah they are all probably legit. I have an import of HG and I haven't gotten that far yet but I know from around others that yes Riolu becomes a safari zone Pokemon. Pinsir and Pikachu seem legit too. Overall, I wouldn't worry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:09 pm
You Shouldn't Be Very Worried It Sounds Like You Got A Very Nice Riolu  

NinjaRickDanMan

6,300 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

impuuuu

Clean Citizen

9,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:12 pm
Those weird looking OTs usually mean they're from events... like GMSTP and TRU  
Charon's Lab (Discuss game glitches here).

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games