Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.
Another newbie here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter!
  +1
View Results

Jellycopter

Sparkly Marshmallow

14,475 Points
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:53 am
Hello there! biggrin I'm Jelly, and I'm a newbie here to the guild. It's great to find people who enjoy the same kinds of manga I do! biggrin I live in London, England, although I am currently studying animation in a different city whilst I'm at university. I'm looking forward to moving back home, though!

My first yaoi manga I read was FAKE. It still holds a special little place in my heart for that! However, I have a preference in general with manga for trying to get hold of one-volume stories, as there's nothing more frustrating than not being able to find the next volume of something anywhere!

My yaoi reading list is still very small as yaoi manga would appear to be somewhat more difficult to get hold of here in England than elsewhere (if any UK-ers know somewhere good where I can get some easily, I'd be very grateful!), but recently my friend in Canada sent me a package with 4 manga and a novel inside. Needless to say, these are keeping me well occupied so far until I can find some more! xd So, here is what I have read so far:

FAKE - v. 1 - 7
Yellow - v. 1
Only The Ring Finger Knows
Sighing Kiss
Hot Steamy Glasses

And I own, but have not yet read:

The Loudest Whisper - v. 1
Falling Into Love
Immoral Darkness (novel)
And another manga the name of which I can't recall right now. sweatdrop

Recommendations are much loved! biggrin

Actually - and I hope this is permitted here - I have one small request. I was pottering about online and found this wonderful yaoi picture: http://img05.nj.us.mangafox.com/store/manga/5734/01-001.0/compressed/k01_naruhina_proofphd.jpg

I was wondering if anybody here had any idea if this image is from a manga or just a piece of artwork, and if it is a manga, what it is called? I really like the look of the artwork and would like to have a read!

Anyway - thank you for stopping by my newbie thread! I can't wait to get more involved in the community! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:04 pm
Bienvenue! Willkommen! Welcome! (Note: I cannot actually speak French. surprised )

Pleased to meet you. I'm not from UK, myself, I'm from right next door (i.e., Republic of Ireland), but I reckon the easiest place for you to get yaoi manga would be at one of the cons/expos. I know that the last time I was at the London MCM Expo, there was a very well signposted corner set aside for yaoi and BL manga. (I'm not joking!) Other than that, I'd recommend trying to order from online. smile

I'm afraid I wasn't able to see the image you were talking about when I clicked the link - you could try to upload it to tinypic or photobucket?

By all accounts, I've heard that Same Cell Organism is one to look out for. I can't seem to get my hands on it, but apparently it's a fairly wonderful little volume of oneshot stories.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around, and hope you have a fun time here. 3nodding
(If you have any questions or concerns that haven't been answered by some of the information or FAQs threads, feel free to pm myself or another mod. )  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

[ChatterBox]________Everything Else, Newbie Threads, Advertising, Etc.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games