Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Stuff to think about when you want food

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:35 pm
Greetings, fellow losers! This thread is for posting tips and advice for when the going gets tough and the motivation gets going.

-Visualise the 'you' that you want: weight, build, clothes, the works. Keeps up the motivation.

-Remind yourself of what you don't want: a few boundaries are good, too. Not too many, mind. But be realistic, and don't be mean to yourself. xd

-Know where you want to stop.

-Get busy to avoid boredom. I play music, and I draw- used to do archery lots, but not as often now because of school stuff. Do whatever you like, be creative! (Suggestions?)

-DON'T veg out in front of the TV for long- it makes impulse snacking more of an attractive idea, for some reason.

-Make your own food when you need to eat- don't just grab a pre-made meal and stick it in the microwave- those things are no good. Everyone has time to prepare food at some point. And it's satisfying (and reassuring) to know exactly what you're eating.

-Having said that, treat yourself regularly; everyone needs to let go and eat crap once in a while. ^_^ I have instant ramen noodles for breakfast during the weekend (I'm addicted, so sue me). Again, it's good to set boundaries on this one so it's not overdone, so the treat stays a treat and doesn't become a binge (*raises guilty hand*). sweatdrop

-Don't underestimate the power of willpower. And the voice of reason (no matter how annoying it is).

-If you stray on one day, tomorrow's another day!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:39 pm
I find watching TV in the evening is bad mainly because of all of the food commercials! I'll be fine until I see that Wendy's hamburger, and then I'm done. I'm hardcore cravings for junk until I can find it.

I generally try to avoid buying junk food, or having much of it in the house. The closest I usually come is microwave popcorn, or maybe a pudding pack or two for when I pack lunch.

Making food is a fantastic idea. It doesn't have to be expensive (like I thought it would be), and it's very rewarding to putter around int he kitchen for a while and then have something yummy out of it.

The best thing I find for dealing with cravings is a good distraction. Go for a walk, chat with a friend about anything but food, or sit down and read... Just so long as you're sitting around thinking about what you're hungry for.

24 Hour Story Mule

Sensedog

Crew

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:52 pm
I simply try to remember that certain foods will only bring me temporary happiness/comfort that will not last after I have consumed it. And if I have to eat something, I will generally aim for a healthy alternative without sacrificing taste.

I'm a Subway addict.

ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:09 pm
I try to eat something munchie so my mouth is busy. Like carrot sticks are good.

For popcorn, get an air popper and spritz with "i can't believe its not butter" or something similar. Good munching, with few calories.  

Aeren
Crew

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:43 am
i found when i was extrelm dieting last year (as in i went weeks at a time without food becuase i was very obsessed and would brake down if someone make me eat something) that when i was hungry i'd look at pictures of the food i was craving on the internet and imagine myself eating it and my hunger would dissapear and i wouldn't want that food anymore. probably won't work for most people though but u could try.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:48 am
those are some good tips ^^, at least i think so heart

GOOOOO MIYA12

sweatdrop sorry ^^ carried away  

egypt_sand

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:41 am
egypt_sand
those are some good tips ^^, at least i think so heart

GOOOOO MIYA12

sweatdrop sorry ^^ carried away

biggrin hehe
thank you beth, i love ya babe. heart Mwah!

carried away also ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:15 pm
Sensedog
I simply try to remember that certain foods will only bring me temporary happiness/comfort that will not last after I have consumed it. And if I have to eat something, I will generally aim for a healthy alternative without sacrificing taste.

I'm a Subway addict.

ninja

That's what I think about too.

I still have a couple cheat days a month, to get those cravings behind me, but it's easier to avoid overeating when I think about the fact that it really won't make me happy in the long run. Being healthy/slim will.  

Chemicat

chompy McChomp chomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:36 pm
Think about how proud of yourself you can be when you can say, "I don't need food to make me happy!" mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:51 am
I have a nasty sweet tooth, so when I crave soda or candy i do on of either two things a) drink fruit20, low calories, tasty and lots of water and for candy I either eat frozen fruit or the real fruit popsicles that have only 70 calories, than I get my sweets and can eat them too  

drummer06

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games