Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Fundraising Committee Sponsored Raffle! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:47 pm
I think the art thing might do good. I can host a few tiny art auctions cause my art isn't really that pretty but yeah ^.^

so yeah while we fully think of an official raffle thingy and all that i can host an auction o3o. or not. depends on if im lazy or productive this week xD.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:30 am
Pull Together a Few Artists from the Guild and Make a Joint Auction!

I Can Put up My Ghetto Goth Chibis. Im Having My Colorist work on a Sample Now!

Once a few of them Get Done, I Could Offer Them In Different ways, Depending on The Max Bid!

10k-50k 1 Chibi
50k-100k 2 Chibis
100k-500k 4 Chibis
500k-1000k Up to 7 Chibis!
1000k+ 10 Chibis!

They will always Be Colored, and Will Always Be What They Want!

I Just want to Keep 20% Of The Highest Bid! [ I Has to Pay Mah Colorist]

IPod Crack

Skysong the dragon

Distinct Businesswoman

9,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 pm
You could also do a smaller raffle with ink related prizes where the person enters it by paying in ink/bugs. While not worth alot on it's own selling it on mass you can gain up to 500 more gold than the average buy price per an ink, although we'd have to watch that we don't saturate the market and lower the value.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm
All of these are great suggestions!  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

IPod Crack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:34 pm
My Favorite idea has to be the Art Auction!

You could Make a Post in the Thread, Telling the Dtails, and ask Guild Members to post samples of their art.

There would be a United Fund, so When someone Bids, they are bidding to get something from all the artists instead of Just one persons art being bid on. This should bring in alot of Gold!

I have decided to do it free, But only up to 3 Simplistic Chibis -and- 5 Bust Sketches!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 pm
everyone might be a bit too many to offer for a single auction. though the idea of having em bidding on groups rather then just a single person is a good idea. it reduces the risk for the buyer of not getting anything due to artist procrastination after they win the bid. i think groups of 3 to 5 is a reasonable size.

if we split everyone up we could have 1 or 2 groups that is showcased and maybe a mystery group whose members are hidden for those who like to take risks since they mystery one will probably receive a lower bet. (1 or 2 could go into more then 1 group if we are a short on people)

its also possible to split the artist groups unevenly also so ya can have a large group and small group auction. makes it easier for people with a smaller pocket to try their luck.

lol this grouping idea has many possibilities.  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:36 am
Okay, I think we need to get refocused on the Raffle, because that is indeed what this topic was made for xD.

Although the art auction is pretty good idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 am
Fancy Green Tree
jessieomer

Ticket Cost
Jackpot bereakdown percentage (as in how much will go to us and how much will go to the winner) - This will then decide how much money the Jackpot is, you know like 50k or whatever.
How much tickets will be sold
How many rounds we will go

And anything else a raffle holds.

And also, we would love to get some affiliates for the raffle, seeing as it will be a big deal.

1st off what kind of affiliates are you looking for? I can talk to a few threads in the mini shops if you'd like. scratch that xD turns out they aren't happy i ran off to work for TLC instead of them xD some friends they are; a few of them are likely kidding with me i'll keep you posted; that is if you want them

I think we should do something a little like this:

Hold 3 rounds of the raffle (increase or decrease according to interest shown in the forum)

The 1st round should be held at 25k tickets being sold at 150g and sell 250 tickets that gives us a profit of 12,500

The second round should be set with the jackpot at 50k Sell another 250 tickets at 350g a piece making a profit of 55,000

The 3rd round is the Big Boom. jackpot around 100k + an item we have laying around.... just a thought

as for the rules of the raffle and how it actually works; you can only buy 5 tickets per day each ticket you but will have a number on it (we will have to keep a list of user names and the corresponding number.... when the slots are full the coordinator of the raffle will make a post with a random # between 1-250. The number that shows up = winner and the next raffle round starts, we can also attach little games to the raffle like dice rolling and whatnot to attract more people.... this is just a rough idea feel free to change anything and everything

..... posted that in the fundraising committee thread a while back before i found this, not sure if you saw it given the splurege in applications xD the ideas are basically useless now considering what you guys have already discussed rofl but i thought i would re=post anyway. I know its more of a lotto type idea than a true raffle but it should bring in a little profit, if you guys are worried about the numbers it can be scaled down accordingly  

Deletedforgood23

Shy Hunter

VampMiyu

Sparkly Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:41 am
Hi! My first post!

So I've read everything and so far regarding the raffle here is what I've liked and what I've thought of:

arrow I think 100g for each ticket is too low is we want to raise enough money, I think 500g is a good cost for a raffle ticket. About the quantity, I think we should set up an iniatial limit of 5000 tickets, (with 100 if you are allowed to by more than one there wouldn't be any competition). And why so many? participants wise, and setting a limit of 10 tickets per person, that would mean 500 people could participate. I think that gives more chances to everyone and I don't think it's an imposible figure. Also, if we were to sell all of them that would make 2,500,000g!

I really think we can sell 5000 tickets,specially if we allow members of the event participate (maybe not the people taking care of the money but I don't know).

And if we weren't to sell all the tickets, we could either calculate their cost and simply reduce it from the final prize,(ex: 155 tickets left costing 500g each ,that's 77500 less the final prize) OR we could make some sort of promotion,such as art: "Buy Art and get a raffle ticket!" for example.
Or also, for people who own shops (the market ones) they could give away 1 raffle ticket for ever item sold over 1k, and make the seller send 500g to the guild per item sold/raffle ticket given.

arrow Now regarding art as a prize I don't think that would draw as much attention to the raffle as solid gold.What we could do however is set for example 3 top prizes. For example, if we set the jackpot to 2500k. Then we could set the main 1rst prize to 1,000,000g, and make the second prize 450,000g plus free art, and third prize 50,000g and free art. We could also as consolation prize give out free art to the first 10 people to buy 10 raffle tickets (obviously if one of those ten has won one of the top prizes we wouldn't count then and chose someone else, so the art would have to be given once the winners of the main prizes are chosen).That way, more people could win something making, and that would motivate more.

arrow So in the end we would make at least 13 people happy AND get 1,500,000g What do you think? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:01 am
Like I've mentioned, i have no idea to run lotto/raffles. I am thankful for everyone who posted.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers