Reply Novels/Novellas
DeadLands: The Tale of Striking Eagle

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:36 pm
((I JUST created my character for a game called Deadlands, which is effectively the Wild West variation of Dungeons & Dragons. Anyway, my Indian Brave/Warrior needed a backstory, so I thought I'd share my character's tale with all of you. The tale is written in a Wild West style for a reason. Don't be offended by the racial slurs.))

There's a lot o' injun cowpokes wanderin' the West. One o' the best is a warrior named Strikin' Eagle. His father was a Shaman,and his mother was a Healer. Both o' them are dead. But that comes later. Early in his life, Strikin' Eagle wanted to be a Shaman, like his father, but his dad told him to be a Brave, or a Warrior, as some call 'em. Basically, injuns do whatever their shamans tell 'em to do. Unless the Shaman's evil. But that's another tale. Strikin' Eagle was a real deft hand with a bow. With a bow in hand, and his axe and club on his belt, Strikin' Eagle could take down any cattle puncher. Strikin' Eagle also managed to find the time to fall in love. The gal he loved was a trainin' Healer, working with Strikin' Eagle's mother. Strikin' Eagle loved that gal with all his heart, and her dad knew of Strikin' Eagle's affection. So, Strikin' Eagleand the girl he loved where all set to marry. But then, something bad happened. Something so horrid, that Strikin' Eagle can't even remember what it was. Whatever happened drove Srtikin' Eagle's father past the realm of sanity. In an attempt to protect his tribe from the horrors of the demons called "The Reckoners", Strikin' Eagle's dad offered up his wife and Strikin' Eagle's fiance as sacrifices to the spirits. One problem: The spirits NEVER accept a human sacrifice. Strikin' Eagle and a few fellow injuns walked in on it. Strikin' Eagle beat his father to death with his club. A different Shaman prayed to the spirits for a few hours, then told Strikin' Eagle that the spirits would bring one of the sacrifices back to life. Srtikin' Eagle, after a long time of thinkin', choose his fiance. Now, the revival would have gone off without a hitch, IF it weren't for that mad scientist who stole the gal's heart-LITERALLY. The scientist was thinkin' about using the heart for a new weapon that healed living beings but killed undead. So, Strikin' Eagle set off to recover the heart and bring his love back to life.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:32 am
Sorry, but could I request a verion of this text in a less block-ish form? It's a little straining on the eyes ^^;  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:36 pm
The_Witch_Aryllia
Sorry, but could I request a version of this text in a less block-ish form? It's a little straining on the eyes ^^;

Working on it, kid. I know, when it comes to paragraph breaks and such, I'm a MAJOR offender.  
Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games