Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
So, I have minor question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you know about these Blueprints beforehand?
  Yes
  Not a clue
View Results

Kisa_Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:50 pm
So, when my father was cleaning out his storage unit two years ago he found this set of 12 blueprints. Now I showed an interest in them and he gave the to me. No what I thought they were, was the NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise Blueprints, but (just recently- don't blame me I was flunking college at the time he gave the to me I didn't look that closely at them) I realized that they were the NCC-1700 U.S.S. Constitution Blueprints from 1973.

Now what I know about them is:
1) They stopped printing them in 1974 to make way for the printing of the 1975 NCC-1701 U.S.S Enterprise edition
2) They are one of three blueprints endorsed by Paramount &
3) These blueprints were the ones they used when making the Original Show

Now I have done a lot of digging, asking around, etc. And I have yet to find anyone who has any idea what these things might be worth (no, I'm not looking to sell them I just want to know how much I need to insure them). I've gone to comic book stores (they had no idea what they were), Yahoo's Ask (no one responded), Star Trek Forms/Websites (didn't have them listed), and even Paramount, INC (they have not replied back).

So I am begging- pleading- for someone to give me some kind of idea how much these things might be worth (Otherwise I'll have to use the 1975 Enterprise worth and I don't feel that is fair as they still print those and these were only in production for a year).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:47 pm
Sorry that I can't tell you their value, but that is WAY too cool. It's good to know that they had the decency to print the plans based on the base prototype.

Unfortunately if its anything like cars then it's not going to command any premium...only true nerds understand the value it has, I'm not so sure the mainstream will because it isn't marked ENTERPRISE.

Yeah, guard those plans with your life. Might need them when the Thermians decide to visit...  

Frogr1701

Nerthus_water_nymph

5,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:08 pm
check out this site but Frogr1701 is right if you were ever to sell them (which i don't think you ever will want to rolleyes ) the price would vary depending on where and who you were selling it to

http://stason.org/TULARC/education-books/startrek-tech/45-Blueprints-p1-rec-arts-startrek-tech-reading-list.html  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games