Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The World of Anime and Gaming
Zombie Video Games :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombie games?
  Yes!
  No, ewww!
  Maybe... o_O
  I am zombie! Om nom nom...
View Results

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 pm
Gotta love them, right? Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, the list goes on and on. So many zombie games, so little time! Which one is your favorite?
Or, contrariwise, if you're one of those folks who can't stand the sight of the living dead destroying and being destroyed in horrifically gory ways, why do you so avidly despise the zombie games of the era?
Open for discussion!! (:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:57 pm
Waaah, I love zombies! Which is strange since I'm such a scardy-cat that I can't even make it through low budget zombie movies without jumping at every long pause. (Though that happens in Disney movies too, so I think I'm just a wimp.)

I haven't been much of a gamer of late (our system broke : ( ) but I really enjoyed Resident Evil when I played it. Though I have to say, I'm really excited about playing the new Left 4 Dead game... *nodnodnod*

P.s.: Every time I post something it's appearing on the top of the thread topic. Is this some sort of Gaia glitch, or is it just my computer/internet being weird? Who knows, but I'm sorry if it does it here too! >_>

Never mind! : D  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:34 pm
Yay! Well, about loving zombies. That's too bad about your system! ):

Honestly, I like watching my friends play Resident Evil a lot more than playing it myself-- not only because my serious gamer friends are way better than me, lol, but they get *really* into it and it's absolutely hilarious to watch.... Especially the fourth one, since Ashley was so useless and in the way all the time. There was a lot of yelling and occasional fire directed at her. XD

Personally, I think my favorite zombie game to play is Left 4 Dead. Fun times indeed! (:

(And it was doing the post moving thing to me too. Weird sauce!!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 pm
I knoooow...! I'm not sure why it happens, but all of the systems we've bough beyond the original PS goes kaput really quick. X_X

But I have to say, I looooove the zombie thing! <3 *noms on living things*

And you're right -- watching people play zombie-related video games is extremely entertaining. ^_^

Gah, how is Left 4 Dead? I'm so into playing the new one, but I'm not sure if that's because I love zombie related things or because I love that song they keep playing every time the commercial comes on. ^______^;;; [/lame]

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 pm
Oh man, the second one pretty much just came out, right? Like a little earlier this month? It definitely looks like it's going to be as cool as the first one is. I have to wait until my friend gets it though because I am a bum and a mooch. XD

I love the first Left 4 Dead... the characters are awesome, as are the graphics, storyline, infected (boomers are so nasty!!), &c. I always got a kick out of playing as Francis, the epic tattooed guy... (: And I also love *not* playing Bill because I don't care what anyone says, when he's played by the computer he saves me more than anyone! Even though he's a jerk. ^-^

I concur, I love the zombie thing as well, in movies &c. I just saw Night of the Living Dead (for the first time, can you believe that?) last weekend and Land of the Dead a couple days ago... most excellent! Also, my NaNoWriMo novel is more or less about zombies, so I'm even more into them right now. *whee*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:21 pm
Yup, as far as I know, at least. ^_^

It certainly does look cool! *nodnod*

Haha, I've seen the former and am looking forward to seeing the latter one day... sooooome day! : D Oooh... and NaNoWriMo... I've had so many people talk to me about that, but I was too lazy to look into doing it myself. Is it writing a novel..? Because zombie novels seem like a good idea. *nodnod and clings to her copy of the Zombie Survival Guide*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm
Haha, yeah, it's writing a novel. The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel within the 30 days of November. I've got six and a half hours left, but only 1,500 words to go! I think I'm going to make it!!! *dances around in a circle*

I know, right? I haven't seen nearly enough zombie novels about. Although when I was in the bookstore the other day I saw the most hilarious piece of blasphemy... Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.... Some guy used the original text but added pieces to it so that all the daughters are shotgun-wielding zombie hunters, and put in all sorts of gore while keeping the same romantic issues with Mr. Darcy and all that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 pm
Ooh... really? That's pretty cool... good luck! I'm a day late, but I know YOU KIN DO EET! XD

OH! I saw that book the last time I was in the B&N! I almost got it, but then I was all hesitant so... I'll find it on clearance sometime soon! XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:46 pm
The Night Faery
I know, right? I haven't seen nearly enough zombie novels about. Although when I was in the bookstore the other day I saw the most hilarious piece of blasphemy... Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.... Some guy used the original text but added pieces to it so that all the daughters are shotgun-wielding zombie hunters, and put in all sorts of gore while keeping the same romantic issues with Mr. Darcy and all that.

Hey any chance it was by Amanda Grange if you remember? I've got one of hers in my to-read pile called Mr. Darcy, Vampire. I think the title sums up the plot really neatly, but I'm curious if its another one.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 pm
Well, I didn't remember, but I looked it up and the zombie bits are actually by a fellow called Seth Grahame-Smith. They call it "the classic regency romance - now with ultraviolent zombie mayhem!"

There's supposed to be another one coming along at some point, called Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters... I stumbled across a mock trailer for the book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZVE5uF24Q

I like the sound of Mr. Darcy, Vampire, though... when I think about it, it doesn't seem so difficult to imagine him as one.

The Night Faery
Captain

Elturi

Feisty Buddy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:50 pm
Hello there :3
I'm a huge Resident Evil fan. I'm one of those serious gamers that get
totally immersed in the game I'm playing. I've been playing RE5 a lot
Story wise it wasn't as amazing as the previous ones but I liked the
gameplay.

I've really wanted to get Left 4 Dead. It looks like oodles and caboodles of
funness!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:26 pm
@ Pooka: Oooh... I have no idea, but that makes me chuckle. I'll add that to the list of things to look for the next time I'm at the bookstore.

@ Night-Night: Haha, this makes me smile... I suppose this is "so my humor", to be hip and now. I have no idea how someone could even begin to combine those two things, but I like it!

Hahah... mock trailer. XD

@ Elturi: Hey! Oooh... I have never played any of the RE games, but I've always wanted to! I'm a lamer gamer, haha. XD Which of the RE games would you say is the best? I'm trying to pick a place to start with this series, haha. XD

I agree 100%! Left 4 Dead looks like so much win..!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
The World of Anime and Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers