Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Astral Projection

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychic_Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:37 pm
I'd like to learn more about Astral Projection, and I'd appreciate any information I could get on the subject. I've become really interested in it, after reading a few short refrences, and I'd like to learn more, and experience it if possible. So, I'd like anything you have on it! Thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:36 pm
It requires a lot of warm up in meditation first. Then perfection of visualization and empathizing (coming to understand exact objects in your environment by visualizing being those objects). Then, you can start Astral projection by visualizing a place to be like forest, beach, etc. Get to know that place really well. Over time, you can even start calling for Gods/Goddesses there and interact with them. Eventually you can move around in other places and get to know other things living around there. However, it takes a lot of time and practice, so master meditation first. Don't feel pressured to attempt something you're not ready for and lose confidence when you can't do it yet. I can get some links to web site that explain it more fully, but I'd have to wait to have the house to myself.... sweatdrop  

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100

damasta15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:23 pm
emmfullness
It requires a lot of warm up in meditation first. Then perfection of visualization and empathizing (coming to understand exact objects in your environment by visualizing being those objects). Then, you can start Astral projection by visualizing a place to be like forest, beach, etc. Get to know that place really well. Over time, you can even start calling for Gods/Goddesses there and interact with them. Eventually you can move around in other places and get to know other things living around there. However, it takes a lot of time and practice, so master meditation first. Don't feel pressured to attempt something you're not ready for and lose confidence when you can't do it yet. I can get some links to web site that explain it more fully, but I'd have to wait to have the house to myself.... sweatdrop
3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:58 pm
emmfullness
It requires a lot of warm up in meditation first.
Unless you're an Ecstatic- or one of the many other shamanic trads.

Quote:
Then perfection of visualization and empathizing (coming to understand exact objects in your environment by visualizing being those objects). Then, you can start Astral projection by visualizing a place to be like forest, beach, etc.
May I ask if you are speaking about places within Midgard/Malkuth/Yav?

Myself, when people say "Astral Projection", I like to get a better idea of what they are talking about- what theology are you working with? What traditions if any do you hold?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:13 am
emmfullness
It requires a lot of warm up in meditation first. Then perfection of visualization and empathizing (coming to understand exact objects in your environment by visualizing being those objects).

Firstly, I disagree with your translation of empathising.
Empathising needs another pathetic being. Objects do not have emotions and therefore, you cannot empathise with them.
What you're talking about is abstract visualisation and, to be frank about it, I don't see what place it has in an Astral Projection session AND I would consider it to be potentially dangerous. A beginner should not try to abstract themselves, especially not before going to places where your self concepts can be changed accidentally.

emmfullness
Then, you can start Astral projection by visualizing a place to be like forest, beach, etc.

That's quite probably the most difficult way to do things. You're essentially talking about leaping straight onto a particular construct within the Astral Planes as opposed to letting go of your body and moving from where you naturally are to where you want to be. Personally, my pardadigm/theology teaches that we all exist on the Astral Planes at all times and in Astral Projection, we just shift our focus from the material plane to one of the Astral ones.

emmfullness
Get to know that place really well. Over time, you can even start calling for Gods/Goddesses there and interact with them.

You're making the Gods sound like Aeons/summon creatures from the final fantasy series. I suggest the rephrase: "You can request the present of your Gods and supplicate yourself before them". We are not the equals of the Gods, remember?

emmfullness
I can get some links to web site that explain it more fully, but I'd have to wait to have the house to myself.... sweatdrop

What actual books have you read, preferably scolarly.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:40 am
I have never, ever astral projected, so I have no idea. I would imagine, though, that it takes a great deal of personal time and energy into doing it consciously and at will. I'd say that practice makes perfect. *shrugs* I'm so useless. But if you figure it out, I'd like to hear about it.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

emmfullness

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:58 pm
http://www.glasstemple.com

This is one source I've studied. But, I repeat, as I have in many other threads here, that I am a beginner and I've only read stuff made for beginners. I posted what I did because it is a path towards Astral Projection that I've heard repeated on many websites I've visited and books I've read. However, the books I've read thus far were all written by Silver RavenWolf and Denise Zimmerman (who was taught by Silver RavenWolf) and from what I've come to understand is that I wasted several hours of my life actually studying that. I'm sorry if restating what I was told offended anyone, though. I'll be sure not to say anything next time.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:59 pm
There is two different opinions about asteral travel actually is.
There are those who believe that it is more like a really lucid dream where you immagine a place and then try to make it real by interacting with it.
and there are those who beilieve you just get up and leave your body behind.

I have tried to leave my body a few times since I used to do it accedentally but I just can't do it, but people say it takes a long time of constant practice before you can do it.

books all I can recomend is out of body experiences (forgot the authors name) but I got my copy secound hand from a book fair so I don't think you could find it anyway. It has a lot of knowelege about asteral travel bout not so much about how to do it.  

I be me

Psychic_Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 pm
Thank you all for your help! Currently, I haven't chosen any individual tradition, but I'm kind of swaying towards Wiccan. Anyways, thanks again. I'll have to look through all of this and think about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:13 am
Personally, I found that working with astral projection in my own physical location was much more difficult than working with it in a completely different place. Looking at your own body is distracting!

I see astral projection as a very very deep form of visualized experience -- basically, you are so mentally attuned to this other complete place that you forget where your current body is.

In case anyone cares, I work in the Norse tradition and have poked around a bit in Midgard and Svartalfheim. I've been invited to Helheim and really should go ... ^_^;

I am not extensively trained by anyone else -- on any subject. I am primarily self-taught. I'd be interested in hearing what your training includes, reagun.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:59 am
Jishin
I am not extensively trained by anyone else -- on any subject. I am primarily self-taught. I'd be interested in hearing what your training includes, reagun.

My dad is a Christian magician. He taught us all Astral Projection when we were growing up, starting by lead projections on a one to one basis, then as we progressed ethically and capability wise, taught us how to do it by ourselves.

I'm not the may west, my sisters seem to be better at it than I am, but I can manage in a pinch. It's not the kind of thing I like to do willy nilly as it leaves me very tired. I'm told I'm not alone in this, that essentially you're not sleeping but your body thinks it is so your mind gets tired as a result.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:21 pm
Cool. You're lucky, reagun. *nods*  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:55 am
So- we're talking about shooting onto a generic non-corporeal realm, ya?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games