Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beatles

Back to Guilds

Tags: Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr 

Reply The Beatles
Beatles Tribute bands discussion, ever been to one? : )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beatles? : 3
  YES PLEASE, PLEASE! 8D
  Love ~ < 3
  You know it ; )
View Results

Amoreista

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:46 pm
Hey everyone, so I'm really excited because this December 5th I'm gonig to this Beatles cover band concert in Oshawa, its a Band called 1964 the tribute to the Beatles. I hope its going to be a great show, They've got a lot of good reviews so I can't wait! I've only been to one other Beatles cover band and that was around 4 or 5 years ago when I saw the group Rain in Toronto. My God was that amazing and they were funny too.

So anyways has anyone else been to see a cover band of the Beatles before and would you recommend any other of their cover bands?

feel free to discuss : )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 pm
I'm excited for you! I hope the show is fantastic.

There was a Beatles tribute band called The Sutcliffes playing in my city at a bar night before last. I didn't go because anyone I could go with was out of town this weekend and the place is too sketchy to go alone.

They apparently focus on early and more obscure Beatles stuff. It would've been fun...oh well. C:  

practicallyzen

Amoreista

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:58 pm
So Static
I'm excited for you! I hope the show is fantastic.

There was a Beatles tribute band called The Sutcliffes playing in my city at a bar night before last. I didn't go because anyone I could go with was out of town this weekend and the place is too sketchy to go alone.

They apparently focus on early and more obscure Beatles stuff. It would've been fun...oh well. C:
haha thank-you I hope so too. : )

That sucks you missed out on the band, but its better to be safe so its good you didn't go and be alone. Yea this band is mostly early Beatles aswell but they will perform newer aswell so yes, Still very excited! >w<  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:58 pm
i went to a 1964 show on june 6. : )
you'll have a riot, they're amazing.
remember to get up and dance at the end, no matter what the auditoirum looks like. the guys playing john and paul were laughing at my friend and i.

whee  

ninja in converse

Amoreista

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:26 pm
ninja in converse
i went to a 1964 show on june 6. : )
you'll have a riot, they're amazing.
remember to get up and dance at the end, no matter what the auditoirum looks like. the guys playing john and paul were laughing at my friend and i.

whee
Awesome~ whee
well its in quite a big venue so I don't think I'l be the only fool dancing but I promise I will
!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:31 pm
Alright so, for anyone interested in an update on the concert. : D
IT WAS BLOODY AMAZING! XD the boys were soo good, I really enjoyed myself, so did my little sister, I was so proud of how many of the songs she knew ^^
but... I must say..That was the WORST audience EVER! Honestly there was barely any audience participation with the songs, they would hardly dance or sing back! Were as my family screamed our heads off it was so great, I mean, even when the performers told you to sing aswell, they were poorly unenthused... and the crowd was a pretty rounded aged group!..Honestly I was shocked and dissapointed. They were so good yet the crowd did a half assed job of support. : (

Amoreista

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm
i'm beginning to regret not going to the bloomfields concert. T~T
our school had a "dance for a cause"concert and the bloomfields was in it.
idecided not to go finding majority of them ugly but then after that concert so many people became fans of them on facebook.
now i wish I WAS THERE! T~T

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 pm
Go to sleep now, go on dream away...

I went to see the tribute band The Stars of Beatlemania, when they came to town. LOTS of people. The band was AMAZING! Faux George was so hot!!! He stared at me the entire show too, smiling at me and everything! They were too amazing for words.

...Isn't easy, is it babe?

Carropie

OG Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:22 pm
I'm going to see Rain on the 29th of this month! I'm really excited, because I've heard the name many times, and they are supposed to be very good.

Can't wait!

heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:47 am
So Static
I'm going to see Rain on the 29th of this month! I'm really excited, because I've heard the name many times, and they are supposed to be very good.

Can't wait!

heart

Oh man, you will have Soooo much fun~ . Rain's performances are like a grand show! I'm so happy for you! I was supposed to go and see them this past Feburary but my Dad backed out last minute on me..very dissapointed : (

Do tell me how it went when you go! 8D

Amoreista

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:05 pm
Amoreista
So Static

Can't wait!

heart

Oh man, you will have Soooo much fun~ . Rain's performances are like a grand show! I'm so happy for you! I was supposed to go and see them this past Feburary but my Dad backed out last minute on me..very dissapointed : (

Awww, that's so sad...especially last-minute like that! D: Very harsh.

I'm glad that they're good though. My mom and my sister and I are having a grown-up-girls' weekend (well, we are 20 and 23 =P) and since my sister and I are both huuuge Beatles fans, it was just too perfect! I'm even more excited about it now.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:39 am
So Static
Amoreista
So Static

Can't wait!

heart

Awww, that's so sad...especially last-minute like that! D: Very harsh.

I'm glad that they're good though. My mom and my sister and I are having a grown-up-girls' weekend (well, we are 20 and 23 =P) and since my sister and I are both huuuge Beatles fans, it was just too perfect! I'm even more excited about it now.

Yea, just my luck I suppose lol

Always awesome to have fans in the family, great way to get some bonding time : D  

Amoreista

Blessed Fairy

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:25 pm
I just got back from my trip to see Rain. Saw them last night...I absolutely loved them! What a fun experience!

I got the shivers from their Paul...I was sitting far back enough that he looked just like the real thing, and when he sang he really did sound so much like Paul. And when "John" first spoke my sister and I both looked at each other, so freaked out because he talked eerily like him. And "George" had his way of moving and playing down so well.

They were all quite amazing musicians and it was a really fun concert. I would definitely see them again, in an instant! I didn't want it to be over.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:43 pm
So Static
I just got back from my trip to see Rain. Saw them last night...I absolutely loved them! What a fun experience!

I got the shivers from their Paul...I was sitting far back enough that he looked just like the real thing, and when he sang he really did sound so much like Paul. And when "John" first spoke my sister and I both looked at each other, so freaked out because he talked eerily like him. And "George" had his way of moving and playing down so well.

They were all quite amazing musicians and it was a really fun concert. I would definitely see them again, in an instant! I didn't want it to be over.

You're so incredibly lucky. I've never been to a Beatles cover band concert. Ever since we moved from Australia my parents won't let me go to another "american" concert after we saw the warped tour concert in texas and my father is from texas! I wish they would understand that not all concerts are like that.  

Faiths Only Hope

Shy Snack

11,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Akuma Rokudo

Destitute Star

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm
I went to one called Rain for my birthday. They were really good. Very fun as well  
The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games