Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Feeding predispositions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:31 am
Decisions that people make develop a force that continues unless addressed. Much like how a snow ball rolls down a hill and may get bigger and bigger until it hits a tree.
The decisions I make the words I say develop there own force on many different levels.

Unless they are addressed. Yet, if we keep talking and keep addressing old topics new issues will develop within the addressing of the old topics. etc. etc. etc.

I can see some of the affects I have while others remain elusive. Trying to fully conceptualize another persons mental framework is difficult work and it seems like people just assume there are no issues here. Do we assume that other people are mind readers? Constantly knowing what we mean?

I know that I am guilty of this but I try to remain aware of the information I am missing.

Opinions solidify though... as we build more and more on our original framework... our original thoughts our original representations interpretations perceptions.

I know that my definitions have become more and more rigid with every use. They are reaffirmed in my mind and they are cloistered and buffered by all sorts of little supporting associations.
When I use the word mother, when I use the word energy, when I use the word friend. All of these have different connotations and associations and bring various feelings and idea's with them.

When I use the word resonance... if I really pay attention to what I'm thinking I can almost hear a bell ringing in the background or an echo of faces and idea's reflecting back at me

With every use of a word... with every choice and idea a resonance is created... an echo. The echo thats rings through your mind, that touches your words and shapes there connotations. The echoing associations of emotions and thoughts and idea's. This may feed our base concept especially when those internal echo's seem to come from without.

With magic... rituals... religions... almost everything this comes into play

I would like to ask people to take a moment and just say the echo's that are running through there mind. What words do you use regularly? What do they mean to you what do they inspire in you? What associations do you create?

When you see people what do you think? How does this affect future thoughts?

When you think about your religion how do your earliest thoughts shape your current interpretations? Feel free to list them

When you do a spell... what things are particularly powerful to you? What things form the strongest associations. What symbols do you rely on in your life to give it meaning.

What are we predisposed to think? Why? How does this affect us? Does it make us stronger? Weaker?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:09 am
I'll start:
My earliest memories were of hearing about love. This concept through many sources(religion, media, enculturation) grew in meaning. It became something powerful meaningful and strong. Almost sacred.
It shapes alot of the things I do and the way in which I do them. I'm predisposed to believe in inate goodness. Due to this... I'm prone to give people chances that other people wouldn't. Even when dealing with negativity I truly want to believe that the person has there reasons and thus is not looking to cause unjustifiable harm to another person.

This is a weakness in many ways and a strength in others. The strength is that this concept allows me to do many things which other people might find to be extreme, unnecessary, or difficult. This is a weakness because it may put me in a place where I could be physically harmed, certain concepts concerning evil are hard for me to internalize, and I don't react well to instances where people purposefully harm other people for no other reason then it amuses them or that they can.
The importance of this concept makes other things seem less important.

When I see people... I usually don't think about alot of things that it seems like normal people think about. I might think about what they are glancing at the expressions they use there responses to things. Stuff like that. I sometimes don't even do this and only focus on the words they use the phrases. I play with the context of the words what they may mean what I should ask latter. I usually forget most of it before I see the person again though.

Things that are particularly powerful in spell work tend to be emotions and those connotations. I don't use words which seemingly can be a strength and weakness. The concept of energy as a force seems to be pretty powerful... but its not even the word energy... its the feeling of it. Something flowing through me the charge of thoughts and emotions. I get it a little everytime I talk evertime I move everytime I have any strong emotion. Change... is another one. I like the concept of it. I like constantly doing different things or exploring small facets of the same thing over and over again just viewing the different angle's. Spell work is much like feeling the changes.... seeing them perceiving them keeping track of them... its just very in the moment.

I'm predisposed to think about the underlying nature of reality. What makes reality reality... whats keeping it in its current state. I think about peoples emotions alot. Why they think the way they think. Why they act the way they do. How are these congruent with external forces. How are they congruent with internal forces. What internal/external factors might exist. What are the possible forces which might account for this outcome. Why would a person choose these support's vs. a different set of supporting information. Its pretty much an ever evoling thing.

Right now... I randomly am thinking about people I have known or currently talk to. I'm going through things which they've said and trying to figure out why they said them... what motivates them... what experiences they might be eluding to when they say certain things.

On an empathic note... I'm trying to figure out how there emotions play into how they are presenting themselves. They usually seemingly contradict each other. Or well people don't always seem to express how they feel. I can also sometimes feel when a person is thinking about someone else when they are talking to me. This then makes me curious as to the other person. This is mostly when there are strong emotional overtones... I also wonder why when some people are talking about people who they perceive as having strong emotions towards they don't necessarily feel as if they have strong emotions towards them.

This is both a positive and a negative as I have other things I should be thinking about. I am predisposed due to my view point as people being the only thing of import in existence and everything else being a construct to think about people alot.  

Ishtar Shakti

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff