Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Ahhh, I made a stupid mistake!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

e m p y i e

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 pm
So I went to hangout with my friend that I'm interested in. I'm not sure if he is with me, but he was the one that asked me out. (get this: a friend of mine, who's also friends with him, says that he never asks people out one on one, so-o... anyways!)

So we went to get bubble tea (it's a type of drink, for those who don't know) and we just sat there and talked for a good... hour/hour and a half? And then when we were done, he asked for the bill. [Here comes my mistake]

So I was pulling out my wallet and then looked at the bill to see how much I should pay. It was about... 5.00 (for both drinks, so the bill all together was.. 10.something), give or take a few cents. So I'm grabbing my money but then he puts down a twenty! And, I did the stupidest thing ever, I asked him "are you sure?" -___________-;;

I don't know why, but I just assumed that he would pay for me, which was stupid of me!! I had a ten though, so I guess somewhere in my mind, if I put down the ten it would be complicated. I'm not very good at math so I guess I just hesitated.

But yeah!! I shouldn't have assumed that he would pay for me. He said 'yes' though, but he didn't offer to pay so yeah...

Now I feel really stupid. redface

I don't know, I just wanted to tell you guys of my mistake. He's really nice, but I have a feeling he won't ask me out again...

What do you think of my stupid mistake?
Have any of you ever done that before?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:36 pm
I haven't, but I think it should be okay... If he didn't seem angry, it shouldn't bother you. But I guess it's one of those little mistakes you make that shouldn't bother you so much, but do.  

Lieutenant Shotgun

e m p y i e

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:37 pm
Haha yeah... sweatdrop

I always beat myself down, even for the littlest things -.-
but yeah, urgh. Damn me. xD;;

thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:47 pm
No problem. I do it all the time. XD  

Lieutenant Shotgun

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:39 am
I do not understand what the problem is...... He put down a 20 before you? What is the problem? Or maybe I am just confused.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:44 pm
Ahh, well I assumed he was going to pay for me, when he didn't offer in the first place.
That was the problem. sweatdrop

e m p y i e

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:32 am
Well if your really worried about it, you could be treating each other buddies. My friend and I made that up. For simplicity whenever we buy food or drinks we take turns paying. We kept forgetting our wallets and the "owing each other" was getting complicated.

You could ask him to do something with you and say you will pay this time, since he got the last one. That turns it into a kindness among friends rather than you taking financial advantage of him. How do you split a $5 bill with 20s and 10s anyway?

Also, maybe he just assumed that he was going to pay and that it didn't even need to be said. My boyfriend was super surprised when I offered to help pay on our second date.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games