Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
House of Night... good read or just a time filler???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-ASIAN-LOVER-FTW-7-0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:08 am
A friend of mine suggested i read the House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast. She kept going on and on about how AMAZING the book was and she got so into it she kept having HoN dreams 'it's just that good and you cant help getting sucked in.'

Long story short. i went and bought all the books and read the first one.... 0.o........

obviously i wasnt that into it. it wasnt bad just nothing really special. so i'm kinda wondering if i should:

1) Finish the books and see if it gets better
2) Keep the books around in case i need a filler till another book comes out
3) Sell the books and smack up my friend for wasting my time ^^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm
Keep the books around for a filler, probably  

Angleic Shadow

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:32 pm
Hmm, depending on the friend, I'd probably go with option 3. HoN just never sounded like a good use of my time or money.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm
I haven't read Houes of Night, but I read Divine by Mistake and Divine by Choice by PC Cast. They were okay. They're kind of shallow and predictable. Good to kill time.

I'd probably go with option #2.  

NightIntent
Captain

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:17 am
I like them. I'd go with #2 and then sell later on lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:12 pm
I would keep them and go to your friend saying wtf were you thinking??
But yeah i read those and they were good in my oppinion.  

Master KRIYON

Dapper Lunatic

SageDragonM

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 am
I've read more intricate books and storylines than the House of Night novels (they are more predictable and shallow in a high school sense), but it depends on my mood. Some nights I am in the mood for the predictability and the simplicity of the novels, which is why I keep them. They're fun 3nodding

I would keep it around as a filler.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 pm
I think the House of Night is just a filler that seems like a teen drama that would be on television. I don't really see why so many people are into it.  

AmethystofBlackRose

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm
I honestly love House of Night, I don't know why no one in this forum wouldn't. It's a dark, sort of vampire love story, I'm really into those kind of things. To me, it doesn't need to get better, it was good from the start. But, you should read the rest of them. The last book, Burned, that just came out is really good, I finished it in a few days and I had to lend it to two friends right away who were bugging me to finish it faster.

But my opinion obviously means nothing since I'm the only person who posted here that likes the series.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 pm
HoN? wasn't so bad.... option 1 is the way to go but in all i have to say screw vampires its all about fallen angels! Mmmm Patch.... Hush Hush and Crescendo Becca Fitzpatrick... its a great story but Nora gets a lil whiny.  

x-I-x Kyraa Kitty x-I-x

5,750 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Nyx_of_Hell

Wistful Mage

20,150 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:54 am
i absolutely ADORE House of Night. The books are good. They aren't good in the traditional sense, but the characters are REAL. And there' something to be learnt in everything and I can relate to so much, you know?  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games