Combat Boots

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittermeow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 pm
Hey (girls, I hope).
Lol, I tried just about every where to find a cute pair of combat boots that aren't like five inched heeled, but it seems impossible.
Maybe it's location, or I'm not trying hard enough, but what stores sell some cute boots?
My mom simply refuses online shopping, so it has to be a store.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:17 pm
Well, if you want somethings comfortable that looks like combat boots go to Journeys. They have knee high pure black converse that really resemble combat boots. (My mom wouldn't let me get them because of the resemblance.)  

Official Gothic Chick

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:52 pm
It's been awhile since I last looked at a conversion chart for shoes, but I would recommend checking most average shoe shops for men's combat boots, and trying on the smallest size they carry to check for a proper fit.

another alternative would be to visit your nearest army surplus store for real combat boots (it's hit or miss at the moment, the economy has closed many of the surplus shops across the country so you may not find a boot that may fit you.)

Try your nearest western wear clothing store....Sometimes they actually may carry riding boots (not to be confused with the generic cowboy boot that is everywhere) that professional steeplechase riders may wear and can be modified to suit your needs. (bout an hour with a leather needle, waxed thread, and a few scraps of saddle grade leather and you too could have a pair of knee high pirate boots, or a rivet set and a few leather belts and you could have your own buckle tomb boots....)

Find out where your closest police supply store is. It's rather odd, i know, but they often carry tactical and riot squad boots. They are rather expensive, but you are getting quality over quantity, and sometimes they carry some surplus. As long as you are not trying to purchase ammo or certain types of OCC spray you can buy almost anything through a police supply store.

last resort would have to be your nearest hot toppic (i know, i know....the antithesis to actually good quality clothing, but it works in a pinch) and see what they have in stock. But buyer beware, most of the boots I have purchased in the past have fallen apart in less than a month....it's cheap crap sold at high mall prices so be forewarned.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:02 pm
Thanks guys, I think I'll try Journeys first. <3  

kittermeow

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:47 am
******** Journeys. Find an Army Surplus store. Get REAL combat boots.

Or just wait until you aren't under your mom's thumb and buy some online. You'll have a million times better luck there.

Check out the boots I has:

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:55 am
Army Surplus is probably your best option, unless you're in a major city which might have specialty shops.  

GilAskan
Crew

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces