Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
My personal weight loss challange

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meeyu

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 am
11/11/2009

last I weight myself I was 220lbs.... I am the fattest I have ever been. I admit alot contributed to my health downfall.

I met my current boyfriend online. two, almost three years ago. and moved all the way from Corona CA to Corbin KY to be with him. family issues came up alot of stress with work and such. then after starting depovera (they DID not tell me it would do this to me) I gained 50lbs in a year.

I used to be 160lbs and I hated myself for how fat I felt and how gross I thought I looked.... now I wish I looked that way again... my only goal right now is to look that way again. I will never be a twig. my body is not made that way. besides i like curves, i just done like the blubber I have right now.

so i am changing my eating habits to healthier foods. more veggies. I'm trying to cut off sodas and chips. no chocolate no matter how much I love it. if we get fast food it has to be chicken or just some kind of salad. I'm walking more.

becuase of my weight all i really can do is walk considering my weight is very hard on my knees back and heart. I cant breath in the morning I'm tired all the time. I cant stand for long periods of time. I waddle instead of walk. I cant fit into jeans anymore. and i have a double chin. I cant keep this up. i want to be back to normal!

support would be loved... i know this will be hard. maybe I'll post a before picture.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:04 am
Hey. I started my whole thing when I was 233 lbs, I feel your pain. Weight gain creeps up on you and even as you're losing you feel fatter than you did as you were gaining the weight. It's hard.

I gained almost all of my weight in a year. 70-80 lbs and then just sat on it for a long time.

Perhaps don't go too hard on yourself at first. Cut out soda and chips and you'll see a vast improvement. Perhaps instead of chips, have popcorn. (be careful with butter/butter alternative)

There are lots of organic/green stores that sell very small wrapped chocolates sometimes. Like, little bars of lovely dark/milk/whatever chocolate (usually dark) and eating one of those is a great treat and you can't over indulge if you don't buy more than one.

Good luck! You can do this!  

Tandahda
Crew

Nolone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:49 pm
i'm on depovera as well, but i never really gained any weight in the 4 or 5 years that i've been on it. i do loss 15 lb in truth. i think that thing that helped you put on the weight was the stress. i gain 15lb over the summer do to stress. but everyone is different

try not to cut the foods you love out all together, just cut back on how often you enjoy them. and enjoy them in smaller amounts. like you can have a small chocolate bar every sunday or every time you loss 5lb.

just know that if you put your heart in soul in to it, your goal will be reached!
good Luck and remember you can do it!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:27 pm

Sorry Nolone, I have to disagree. I have a friend who gained a lot of weight from being on Depo. I'm on ortho tri cyclen and I know that it part of my weight gain because I gained my weight pretty quickly after I was on my birth control. It doesn't hit everyone, but for those it does, it seems to hit us good.

But I believe for any birth control you go onto, weight gain is ALWAYS a factor because of the extra hormones. I don't wanna sound rude, but they probably didn't tell you because you are also expected to do your research before going on any for a birth control. Information is out there. Not trying to be rude, just stating the truth. Planned Parenthood Depo Shot

Now, with that out of the way, I have to say, I think we all understand. I know I started my diet because I'm unhappy with myself too. I find myself gross and unattractive. I'm a hazard to my health and tire very quickly too. But that's why we're here. To make a change. You're not alone in this trial because we're all striving to be thinner and healthier.

I agree with Seraphsody, don't kill yourself with too much at first. It's more likely going to make you crave what you shouldn't be eating. it's about moderation, not about taking things away. If you need a piece of chocolate, limit yourself to a mini candy bar. Buy a bag and put them somewhere out of sight. That's what I do. Or I give it to my hubby and pick out a piece once in a while as he's going to town on them.

Too many people fail their diets because they deny themselves. Portions and substitution are a big saving grace. Instead of those potato chips, try veggie chips or a tasty cracker. Then look at the side of the bag or box and see what is considered a serving. And when you feel comfortable with that, instead of those crackers, try swapping them out once in a while for some fresh veggies.

May I suggest keeping a food diary? It works for some people, for others it doesn't. I like to keep one because I actually count calories. But it shows me how much food I have eaten and can still eat throughout the day. I have one of those tiny notebooks and just jot things down as I'm making dinner or right after I've eaten. I find it very helpful.

All and all, it's okay to be disappointed in yourself. Believe me, I am with myself. But you can't play pity party. You have to make the changes needed. And with our support, your significant other's support and your will, you will find the strength to make the right changes and lose the weight. I wish you luck and don't hesitate to ask questions in the guilds. We're all in this together. Take care and good luck over the next few changes as you get your diet together.

Anbaachan

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff