Submit

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 pm
Normally I'm not one to ask for advice, but... here goes...

I used to be a hardcore gothic poet, until all my poems were burned by my stefather. Those poems were my heart, soul,blood, sweat, tears, emotion, logic... everything. I haven't written a gothic poem since, and that was four years ago. Now, i'm readt to try it again, but I lost all the information to time, so... what is gothic poetry and what are the subjects that mainly pertain to gothic poetry?
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:35 am
my condolences on your losses, I too, lost my original poem journal to a washing machine last year. the first step I accomplished was to try to re write as much of them as I could remember from memory, and re-copy what I could salvage from the machine. I improved upon many of them with the second rewrite, and even found time to pen a few more......

As for subject matter.....It could be anything from unrequited love, to graveyard wanderings and everything in between. Not to sound cheezy and trite, but when was the last time you wrote about the full moon? It's a start. Or, how about some hidden angst you may have, a secret dark desire, the beauty of a decomposing rose, a shadow falling on the ground?

Just think darkly....the ebb and tide of endless cattle called "humanity". The fall of raven tresses upon your beloved's cheek. The simplicity of pleasure in a cup of tea.....the material is endless, you just need to find your inner succubus and release the beast for a bit.

Good journeys....
the old man in the woods.  

Keevan Draco

Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas