Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Sexy for Summer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:47 pm
This is the ideal time to start thinking about your goals for summer, with the holiday season coming up to keep us good, and with enough time to lose it slowly and permanently. : D

Post your goal for the summer, why it's your goal, and how many pounds per week you have to lose to get there. : D

Mine:
My 'summer' date is the end of June, for the Gay Pride Parade, when my friends; and now me, get dressed up as Fairies and hand out condoms. (Safe Sex Sprites) The general goal is to be smokin' hot by then. But I've got some structure for that.

Goal weight: 140ish
So in roughly seven and a bit months, eight for ease of division. It's roughly 45lbs to lose. It's about 6 lbs per month, which is 1.5 lbs per week. Which should be do-able.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:31 pm
Good thread idea biggrin

Last summer, my friends and I took up a new hobby: cosplay! And the cosplay I want to do for Anime Expo at the beginning of July has lots of midriff. X_X Not to mention that I also want to look good in my two other costumes that involve more clothes. So I want to be down to 130 by then. That's 40 lbs to lose, about 5 lbs a month. Sounds reasonable to me!  

__penguin__
Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:02 pm
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said we had similar goals. (but I think I remembered that)

It's a good goal! I think not enough people start thinking about summer at the right time. A lot of people start thinking about bikini season in spring, but if I keep thinking about my sexy fairy costume I won't be tempted to cheat a lot through Christmas. : D

Plus I actually have a bunch of weight to lose, and I'd be doing crazy things to lose that much by summer if I started thinking about it in March.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 pm
Well, summer here starts in december pretty much xD So i'd really like to be at goal by then, but since my weight loss is SOOO slow (I guess now because I have a healthy weight for my height, my body is like wtf why are we still doing this) I'd be happy with a kilo, being in the 66kg range.  

Iconised Ghost

Goldenlici

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:30 pm
My summer goal would be for the end of summer, specifically the end of August. At this time, I go back to my home state for a family reunion and to see some old friends from before I moved. They all know I struggle with being overweight and unfortunately so are many of them. One friend in particular has decided to start loosing weight with me and we will see each other for the first time in a year at the reunion. I am so looking forward to showing off for her that we can do it. I might actually be able to do it this time with that looming over my head.

My goal weight is 130 lbs. End of August is about 38 weeks away, so that's ... (getting out calculator) roughly 2.5lbs per week. It's possible though that could be a little tough, but I would probably be happy even if I lost a bit less than my goal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:21 am
That's a good goal Golden.  

Tandahda
Crew

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:59 am
for summer which is only 6 months or less away for me..and i want to be like 35-45 lighter by then.but like 26 weeks away till i have to put on a swimsuit suit. ill have to 1.3lbs-1.7lbs per week till i have to put on the swimsuit.totally realistic.

and Golden i have a deadline of august for my overall weight loss since college starts up again in august.to achieve my overall dream weight (which i hardly ever talk about) i would lose 1.66lbs per week even after achieving the summer goal.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:05 am
BitterFantasy, my college starts up around that time too, so that will be another perk for me if I can actually get to my goal weight. Though, I will be taking summer classes most of the summer...

We have a swimming pool at my house, and maybe this summer I will actually invite friends over to go swimming. Usually, when I go swimming, I wear a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I hope this summer I will actually feel confident enough to wear a swimsuit.

Goldenlici

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am
Goldenlici
BitterFantasy, my college starts up around that time too, so that will be another perk for me if I can actually get to my goal weight. Though, I will be taking summer classes most of the summer...

We have a swimming pool at my house, and maybe this summer I will actually invite friends over to go swimming. Usually, when I go swimming, I wear a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I hope this summer I will actually feel confident enough to wear a swimsuit.

plus swimming is a good workout! smile  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games