Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The World of Anime and Gaming
Rozen Maiden

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:35 am
How about a thread to discuss Rozen Maiden, an anime and manga with some AiW elements?

For those who aren't familar: Wiki's article

It basically involves these dolls that come to life and fight each other in the "Alice Game" in the hopes of becoming "Alice". In certain episodes they travel to a dream world that has a certain Wonderland influence to it. One of the characters, Souseiseki wears a hat most of the time which, though she does not act like him, gives her a certain Mad Hatter look. The main character Jun is a "hikikomori" as wiki defines it, or in basic american terms, he shuts himself off from society and never comes out of his house for fear of other people (which is a large part of the series). This gives it another AiW theme in that he is living is his own wonderland instead of dealing with the real world outside.

Any thoughts, opinions, cheshire grins?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 am
I've seen the name around so much that I figured I should probably look into it but I just never got around to it. After readign this though I'll probably watch it because it sounds quite interesting. I'll post again after I see a couple of episodes :3

Elturi

Feisty Buddy

Cuddly Ninja

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:55 pm
I've been meaning to check out the anime or manga sometime. I've seen a bit of an episode before, but everything was out of context for me since I hadn't seen the previous episodes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:55 pm
I've heard of this one, seen the art, thought it was pretty, but have never seen the series or read the manga. I'm surprised to hear it has AiW ties, actually... that's pretty cool. I'll have to add this to the list of things I must check out.  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:11 am
I absolutely adore the show...I've watched it two times through in fact...>.>'

There's two seasons and a two part movie-thing(which you should watch at the end). My, SUCH a great anime.

I haven't had enough time to read the mangas yet, but I hear(unsurprisingly) that they are better and that the story is different.

However, it was plain to see the AiW themes in the anime.

The "Alice Game" and the white rabbit were dead give-a-ways, but I also loved that each doll was trying to become the "real" Alice(a throw back{in my mind}to "Are you the real Alice?" from the newest movie.

If you guys haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

Hina Ichigo was my favorite...C: Suigintou being my second favorite!

The World of Anime and Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games