Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Chapter Scheme

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:49 am
Hi all. I'm thinking on a color scheme for my chapter, the Children of Ra, drawing heavily from egyptian mythology and images.

I'm thinking of using Dheneb Stone foundation over Chaos Black under, then gradually highlighting with bleach bone, and using Devlan Mud. Shoulderpad rims will be as same as the armor, different companies identifiable by imagery of different dieties. Probably using different colors for certain companies, Tausept Ochre and Golden Yellow for veterans perhaps, Special characters using the blue and gold striping seen commonly on royal atire.

Modelling will play a huge part too, from sculpting company markings onto shoulderpads, to scratch helmets, to modifications to dreadnoughts and tanks, etc.

Ideas? Comments?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:48 am
sounds good, i dont have a the pot of paint by me but have you thought of using desert yellow or is that too off color for your scheme? the markings sound interesting for the left shoulder pad/chapter symbol i'd say the eye of ra and their company like right under it or some where along that line, maybe even their company symbol over the arrow on their right shoulder pad?  

Inenor

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:03 pm
If you need inspiration from another system that GW has made, I'd suggest having a look at the Tomb Kings from Fantasy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:33 pm
ha ha actually yeah i have; i've been extensively looking over every bit of tomb kings, and even egyptian-themed reaper models for conversion ideas, color schemes for captains and HQ; I'll be enjoying converting TK Chariots into regular and attack bikes, and my Captain of the Scorpions company, with segmented whip-sword biggrin

What Im thinking about moreso is having their unit type badges, chapter symbol (a 4-level pyramid and a sun, reminiscent of the '7th chevron'), and their company symbol as well... My ten companies are based on Ra, Ma'at, Sekhmet, Sobek, Anubis, Horus, Bast, Khepri, Selket, and Wadjet, and their ideo-avatars will be featured iconically on their armor and banners and machinery.

Company captains will have more gold accents than regular units, and dreadnoughts, even the regulars, will be heavily converted to super-ornate battle-pieces.  

Roven

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:52 pm
Why not have the Captain of each company be one of the different gods? Then, set it up so that your Chapter Master is the Ra for the whole equation.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:03 pm
That's actually not too far off the mark, except that the captains and the leaders of certain divisions are embodiments of the gods, and will be marked and converted to represent them; for the Sekhmet/Lion company, the leader will have a pair of lightning claws, lion pelts, claws, and a massive mane, based heavily on and from the new Space Wolf Pack set, and the entire company will be similarly adorned. The Selket/Scorpion company will have conversion Red Scorpion shoulderpads and icons from Forgeworld, etc  

Roven

Roven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Well I've decided on a color scheme; bone colored armor with captains and high ranking units having different shoulderpad trim and fields. To that end i've developed an army list for the 2nd company thus far..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:57 pm
Sounds like time-consuming project. But the end result sounds amazing.  

Dusk001

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items