Submit

Did you make it?
  Yes
  No
  *obligatory gold option*
View Results

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:24 pm
I know I'm not a very active member, but I'm a very, very active lurker. There's a lot going on in this guild, but it is one week until November 1st and I have yet to see a single hurrah or challenge or even a query for one of the most globally-recognized writing challenges out there!

I'm talking about National Novel Writing Month!

Are you doing it? What are you writing about? Have you challenged yourself to this before? How many times have you succeeded?

Never done it before? Curious about what NaNoWriMo is?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Open package, read instructions, mix with equal parts insanity, determination and caffeine, and bake for thirty days before collapsing in it and thanking GOD that it's over!

This is my fourth year taking the challenge as an official participant. And I've undertaken one of my most difficult challenges yet: writing a fictional story about religion and NOT making it sound like a cheesy bible rip-off.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm
I would love to try it, but I know that I wouldn't get anything done. It's a bad month for it, really. For those of us in school it's hell, what with all the project and tests that usually happen in November. Once I am done with my formal education in a few years time, I will definitely be nanowrimo-ing.

Every one needs to check out another contest that's kind of like Nano. It's similar, but a lot harder. I almost did it, but then I regained my sanity.

The 3 Day Novel Writing Contest.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:53 pm
I'm doing it! I'm writing an urban fantasy about shape-shifting environmental guardians! ^_^ It's going to be a lot of fun (although I'm quite busy)! I can't WAIT for it to start!

ALSO!

If you want to buddy me, my username on the NaNo site is curiousdesign. Also, I'll be posting my story here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm
Stelle Cadenti
I would love to try it, but I know that I wouldn't get anything done. It's a bad month for it, really. For those of us in school it's hell, what with all the project and tests that usually happen in November. Once I am done with my formal education in a few years time, I will definitely be nanowrimo-ing.

Every one needs to check out another contest that's kind of like Nano. It's similar, but a lot harder. I almost did it, but then I regained my sanity.

The 3 Day Novel Writing Contest.

The three day novel contest is fantastic, but my schooling is what has kept me from doing it in the last two years. NaNo's easier for me to keep up with because in order to reach 50000 words, I only need to write 1667 per day. Even if you don't do it this year, I highly recommend that you sign up and start chatting at the other young novelists to get their tips and tricks for juggling life/noveling during November. The all-ages cafe under the forum header is probably the best place to start for that!

OMG ALANORA!!! You've totally been friended by Cassandra.Stone

I'm writing a religious story that's probably the most tweaked-out thing in existence because it combines about 20+ religious systems, and really screws with the depth perception of the whole 'Holier Than Thou' thought process behind most religious fights.

Teehee, my main character gets to punch Satan in the face. Angel doesn't like it when people call him short *.*  

Isaiah Moretti

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:26 am
I'm doing it...sort of. My objective is to start a novel I'm been transforming in my head for a year and a half now and get 50,000 words into the thing. I don't think I can finish it in 175 pages and I don't know how much forethought the actual competition allows for, but if I make 50,000 words into this thing, I'll be totally happy.

(I'm also an OCD conspiracy theorist, so I think I would have major problems posting my baby online.... rolleyes )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:18 pm
Seriah Belacqua

Teehee, my main character gets to punch Satan in the face. Angel doesn't like it when people call him short *.*

Okay, so I have to ask: Is your main characters name actually Teehee, or are your just laughing? Cause that's pretty much crack right there. xd  

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 pm
I'm doing it, this is my first year. If you wanna add me to your buddies my author name is lady_of_sorrows ^L^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 am
How did everyone fare? I only hit 20,000 words, but it's more on one story than I've ever written. I was oh so very happy with how it's turning out.  

Evermore Reality

4,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm
Evermore Reality
Seriah Belacqua

Okay, so I have to ask: Is your main characters name actually Teehee, or are your just laughing? Cause that's pretty much crack right there. xd

For a little while, my MC's name was actually Teehee. I was also very sleep-deprived while that was happening, though, so I didn't realize it until I started editing. His name is Tomas now, lol

SO! Nanowrimo is officially over (and has been for close to two weeks) and I hit my wordcount. Now, to make myself happy, I have printed out my insanity, put it into a binder, and locked it away in a drawer. Now I'm editing it, using my music teacher and my cooking teacher as my little proofreaders, in order to get it to the place I call "You're good enough for the public". Once it gets to that point, everybody can read it on the blog I'll set up for it.

@ Evermore: 20k is an amazing start. And if you're happy with what you've written, keep on trucking! You will finish eventually, even if Eventually doesn't become Now for quite some time.

What about everybody else? How have you fared in the insanity? What are your plans for Life After NaNo? Anybody have any editing tips to share?

(Seriously, about that last one? I could use the advice ^^ )  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 am
I quit at about 10,000 words I think. I kept on trying to write and there was just no emotion behind it so I didn't push myself but it's the end of my school year anyway and I'm tired, rundown and sick. Maybe next year when I have most of November off sweatdrop mrgreen  

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items