Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Help with modeling a Rosarius, please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pouncey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:59 am
I'm new to the guild, so please be kind.

Alright, so I'm in the process of getting my Battle Sisters force off the ground and I'm thinking about taking the Rosarius for several Veteran Superiors. At the least, I'd be taking it on my Canoness.

So my question is, how would I go about representing the Rosarius on the models?

I'm not a very good sculptor, in fact I am downright awful at it. I do okay at gluing things together, so given that I have access to a small chain from an old pendant, would gluing a length of the chain to the small Imperial Aquilas (see below) work, or would even the smallest ones be too big for my needs?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1660257&prodId=prod40010a

Okay, questions - plural. Would I even need to represent it on the model?

I've read the Rosarius text in the Witch Hunters Armory, it says nothing about not needing to be represented. I've read through the Witch Hunters Errata and FAQ on GW's site, nothing mentioned about the Rosarius.

In summary: Do I need to represent a Rosarius on a miniature, and if I do, then how would I go about doing that?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:39 am
Hi, you could easily have the icon hanging from their waist count as a Rosarius, no need to model anything extra on. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

BUGSY 1979

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:53 pm
I think it would be better to model a rosarius on your models, for looking different from the rest of the models.

Use this: http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_27_62&products_id=929  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:53 pm
Sorry, Veteran Superiors, I can't read, and don't know much about SoB's  

BUGSY 1979

EliteShinobi-Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:23 pm
Well to answer the first question, you don't always need to have things like a rosarius shown on the model since they can be in different sizes if I remember correct. It looks really cool and is really awesome when people does it to follow the What you see is what you get.

Like Blodwynn say you could make the icon hanging in the "belt" count as a rosarius since they come in different shapes and sizes so you need no modifications. If I remember correct atleast the Canoness model does have an icon in her belt.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:04 pm
Ah, thanks for the replies, everyone. : 3

It's great to know that I don't have to model it on. I'm not good at modification or conversion BUT, I might end up using a small decal on some part of the models. Possibly a fleur de lis or Imperial Aquila - or however that is spelt - on the calf to signify it, or maybe just to make them look cooler-yet. : 3  

Pouncey

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 am
The Rosarius is one of those items, much like a refractor field for the Imperial Guard or an auspex for other armies, that doesn't really need to be physically present on the model. WYSIWYG is pretty strict on some things, mostly weapons and armour types, but such upgrades aren't that important to model on. You just need to make sure that you tell your opponent what model has what in such cases.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:00 am
also, something no one has mentioned... the smallest aquilas would be too big. they are made for tanks and stuff.

if you were to buy the Forge World etched brass kit, it may be possible to use one of the small ones on that...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Pouncey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:49 am
Thanks, Brookman. : 3 That's good to know. : D

Alright, Fire Link. Thanks for the help. : 3

I don't think I'll be modeling them on, but if I decide to do so at some point, I'll keep this all in mind. : 3  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games