Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Can someone help? i is confused...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:55 pm
Oh noes! I've no path! I've tried a few things out. I've looked at Hellenic recon, Buddhism, wicca (yes, i know. NOT FOR 14-YEAR-OLDS!), and I've been looking through some of the other pathway threads. I know some of the things I'd like in a path, but I can quite find one. crying It makes me sad. These are the things I've seen in different paths that I like:
- casting circles
- meditation
- the eight sabbats (?...those might be closed culture. I'm not sure.)
- I like the Buddhist idea of rebirth.
- I am a hard polytheist.
- I like the idea of healing...

Where do you think I should start?
Besides books, are there any good websites?
Would this be like a no path path?
Or would it be considered solitary or ecclectic neo-paganism?

Please help me. Thankies. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm
All of those things listed are part of Standing Stone Tradition.  

TeaDidikai

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm
Really? Could you tell me a little more about it maybe? That would be marvelous if you could. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:10 pm
It's a ditheistic mystery tradition that encourages individuals to adapt it to their needs and develop their own moral guidelines.

It includes a circle casting procedure, recommends meditation, celebrates eight holidays associated (and misnamed) in conjunction with the common "witches year", includes a reincarnation mythology- though, not quite rebirth. But your UPG becomes the basis for the extended concepts.

It reads as soft polytheist, but there is room for you to be a hard polytheist within it and it includes witchcrafts for healing as well as what I have called "Shallow Herbalism". In fact, the founder wrote a whole book on it.  

TeaDidikai

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 pm
That sounds great. Are there any websites or books that you would recommend? And what would I call myself? A pagan? A witch?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:50 pm
a n n i v i
That sounds great. Are there any websites or books that you would recommend?
The whole of Standing Stone is presented in Cunningham's books. You'll have to internally edit them to remove inappropriate titles, such as Wicca, but that's not too hard.

Quote:
And what would I call myself? A pagan? A witch?
Pagan for sure. Likely witch as well, though that depends on if you practice witchcraft and all.  

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:44 pm
TeaDidikai
"Shallow Herbalism"

What do you mean by "Shallow Herbalism?" What would you consider a deeper approach to herbalism?  
PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games