Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Need criticism for development

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic_Warrior_Yohan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:05 am
this is my style of art please give me good criticism

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:59 am
Define "good criticism".  

Sazarac

Angelic_Warrior_Yohan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:55 am
Sazarac
Define "good criticism".
criticism to help me develop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 pm
i'm not too good at giving crits, but i'll try

aside from 'lolol practice moar anatomy' let me say what i think is good about your stuff

your shadeing is great, and you can clearly do some dynamic poses

as for the negatives, with most of your characters, the arms are much too long and the legs are a bit too short
if you dont use the stickfigure method before drawing, i suggest you use it occasionally
it will help lots with keeping everything proportional

hope i helped some sweatdrop

ampthetv

Stubborn Gearhead

Syrella
Crew

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:42 pm
From what I can see...

Your shading and pencil work is very good. However, there are quite a few problems with your proportions and anatomy.

My favorite piece of yours that you've shown is the guy in the striped shirt. Although his neck looks a bit in pain, it has the best overall feel to it, in my opinion. I like the way the fabric is drawn and even though his hair needs a little more flow to it, it feels like a success to me. If you were gonna fix it up, one thing I need to point out is that his left leg (our right) is much much shorter in comparison to the other leg. Unless that is intentional, you should probably look into fixing that. That and maybe help his neck out a bit. Try putting yourself in that position and see if it's easy to do. If not, you don't wanna subject your poor guy to the same fate.

I dunno, assuming you aren't heavily referencing other artist's images, I'd say you're off to a good start. Just... yeah, watch out big time for proportion. And do study anatomy a bit. Use a photograph or two if you need to. No one says you gotta work totally from memory. smile

Good luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm
Your work is pretty good.
Your pencil work is getting there I just thing that you need some more contrast. Darker darks especially. I a couple of the pictures it is there like the one that is three form the bottom and the one on black paper, that one I would say has the most.

Your proportion isn't bad for the type of stye you are going for. But if you want it to look more realistic i would suggest to look at the human figure more by looking in magazines or art books or even just taking pictures of people or asking someone to pose for you.

Overall you work is pretty good.  

[ Hydeist ]

[ Hydeist ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:41 pm
Your work is pretty good.
Your pencil work is getting there I just thing that you need some more contrast. Darker darks especially. I a couple of the pictures it is there like the one that is three form the bottom and the one on black paper, that one I would say has the most.

Your proportion isn't bad for the type of stye you are going for. But if you want it to look more realistic i would suggest to look at the human figure more by looking in magazines or art books or even just taking pictures of people or asking someone to pose for you.

Overall you work is pretty good.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff