Reply Fiction Subforum
Space of Grey: Egar'ion's fall

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nekage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:25 pm
BEFORE BEGINNING: Keep in mind, I DO NOT normally write stories like these. I decided to do this as a backstory to my Farseer as well as this being the story I need to give to my Campaign's judge to decide how my army will progress in the next couple of games. Plus, I also am PRETTY sure I got some Eldar Fluff mixed up, like after a Eldar dies, I'm pretty sure their spirits transfers into their spirit stones or something. I am not sure, this is a WIP mainly, but a ROUGH version of the official backstory to my army and its men. Any comments are appreciated. Thank you. I hope you like the backstory to Alzar'ai, his father, Farseer Egar'ion

Previous Story, "Egar'ion: Alaitoc's Eldrad"

Returning to the Alaitoc craftworld, Egar'ion had a terrible vision. In his mind, he saw a monstrous demon, and this demon if allowed to live, it's effect on fate would mean the destruction of Alaitoc if it was not met. Egar'ion instantly commanded his fleet of Vampire raiders to set course for a fallen Imperial city without contacting Alaitoc. There was no time to call for reinforcements or anything, action was needed immediately otherwise the demon would have gotten away from their grasps and Alaitoc would fall. It was here on that Imperial planet that the threads of fate drew strongest. Landing upon the planet and disembarking, Egar'ion looked out across the city. It was empty and forgotten, only smoldering ash and wrecked buildings stood here now. Had the threads of fate been wrong? No. They were strong within his mind, so much so it pained him. And yet, there was nothing here. As the Eldar combed the land, a hail of gunfire rained from the sky suddenly without warning, luckily missing the men as they dove for cover. Egar'ion made with them as he reached out into the warp to gaze upon their enemy. It was the Imperial Guard, and right in the center of their forces, a dark energy of Chaos spiraled. The visions were correct. The Demon that would be downfall of Alaitoc was before them. Egar'ion and his men could only stand behind cover as the enemy approached. The squad of Guardians that followed them readied their scatter laser to return fire upon the enemy, but before they could, the demon and his squad unleashed a tempest of fire against them, wiping them all out in an instant. Their cries of agony rang through Egar'ion's ears as their scorched bodies fell to the earth.
"Brother Egar'ion! Their numbers are too great! And they have ships of the air that are taking apart our forces! Why are were here!? Have the fates told us to die like this!?!"
Egar'ion grunted in worry. Why had the fates lead him here? Was there no hope of winning this battle with these numbers?...Wait....No, there were others! Others that Egar'ions mind could find! On the planet, there were humans nearby, Grey knights, and above in the stars, Space Marines. Although Eldar despised the humans, the Grey knights Egar'ion held one of the few exceptions for. They were noble and their army held a brilliance to them that Egar'ion admired. And in this situation, because of the demon on this planet, he hoped to use this as a catalyst to bring them out to aid him and his brothers. Reaching out, he called to the leader of the Grey knight force through the warp.
"Human Grey knights. We are in need of your help. Me and my brothers are held down upon this planet and a demon is behind this! We came to try and rid the galaxy of this Chaos, but their numbers are too great. Please, we ask of your assistance!"
The Grey Knights responded immediately with their own psyker. They would come to assist the Eldar, but it would take them sometime as they were still off from their current location. All they could do was wait. Reaching out once more, Egar'ion tried to reach to the Space Marines far off above. Again, he gave them his plea and prayed that they would be answered...

Out in the galaxy, the Iron head Space marines stood in wait as they received communications from the Eldar forces. They sent out aid and dropped their first drop pod behind the demonic Imperial. As they readied their main force, they were stopped by their commander.
"Sir?"
"...No...Lets wait abit more." He smirked crossing his arms. "We've already sent help. I say we let these Eldar do what they can against the Guards here and then we'll clean up the mess they leave behind. The less men we lose, the better. And the more men THEY lose...Well, again, the better. Either way brothers, we come out atop for the Emperor..."

Egar'ion and hsi men held back trying to survive the fire that came their way till the Grey Knights and Space Marines would arrive. At long last, the knights arrived in after about a day of surviving fire, but the Space Marines were no where in sight. Had Egar'ion's plea gone unheard? The damn humans, it was like them to miss a communication to them. The one time the Eldar actually put aside their strife with the humans to work along side them, and they ignore their cry.
"Let us go brothers! We must stop this demon now, otherwise we may lose Alaitoc! So go, and die, but if you do, know we died keeping our families and craftworld's safe! Charge Eldar, and bring honor to our craftworld! FOR ALAITOC!!!" The Eldar let out a cry as they joined the Grey Knights and dove into battle. Egar'ion drew both his witchblades and charged behind his Dire Avengers. Shurikens flew, flames burst forth from the Imperial guard, and missiles flew over head. Fate seemed to be with the Eldar and Grey Knights as they fought against their foe. Without the Space marines, it seemed that victory was within grasp! Suddenly, the warp twisted from the other side of the land, a dark demonic presence of Chaos formed and a monstrous creature arose. The Imperial Guards' commander had taken on his true form! The form of a demon of Chaos! In the distance, Egar'ion could see the Grey Knight's leader facing the demon head on. He had to aid him, the more against this demon, the better chance they had of stopping this foul beast. Screams rang out, causing Egar'ion to turn and see his men being shot down from all sides. It was as if the transformation of the Imperial Guards commander had somehow inspired bravery and more power within them! One by one, The Eldar began to fall under the mighty numbers of the Imperial guard. This was no longer a battle, it was a slaughter. Be that as it may, Egar'ion could not let this demon escape from his sight. The warp tore at Egar'ion's mind trying to warn him, but he ignored it's call. He had to stop this demon now! The demon let out a mighty roar and slashed down upon the Grey Knight, removing his arm and causing him to fall to the earth lifeless. No! It would not end like this! He would not let this creature live!Egar'ion leapt and pounced over rubble and stone gracefully and in a blinding speed to make for the creature. Just a few more yards and this demon would know his wrath! The warp pulled at him again, but nothing would stop Egar'ion in his charge. A faint whistle in the air suddenly tore him out of his rage felt sprint and to his right, Egar'ion saw the missiles of a Imperial Guards' ship coming right at him. There was no time to react, they collided before him, erupting in a fury of fire and debris.

Egar'ion laid upon the earth, his helm shattered and his clothing burned and torn in areas from the eruption. He turned his head over painfully to see the mighty Demon letting out a triumphant roar over the field. From the sky, a drop pod landed behind the demon as Space Marines began to pour out and fire upon the demon and those around it. They had come, but it was too late for the Grey Knights and Eldar. They had been reduced to nothing. All of Egar'ion's men had fallen. All except their Wave serpent which lay on the field unmoving. Most likely, the pilot was dead. Darkness began to overcome Egar'ion as he laid on the ground. He should have listened to the calling of the warp when it tore at him. If he had, perhaps he'd be alive long enough to battle this demon and keep it from however it would affect fate and be the downfall of Alaitoc. But fate gave him one last glimmer of hope. A final vision. The demon once more was seen in a blur, and before it, Alaitoc stood. The demon came closer and closer to the craftworld but at the last minute, it passed it. It would seem that with Egar'ion's interference and the Grey Knights fighting the demon, it had caused the butterfly effect to sway and fate would allow Alaitoc to remain untouched. He smiled. The Eldar would be safe. Egar'ion gave his last breath,
"...Alzar...ai...I'm so sorry....my son...Know that this....was for our people...."
And with that, Egar'ion's life force vanished.

Alzar'ai returned to Alaitoc soon after his father's death. Alzar'ai was distraught over his father's being lost. The total report was brought back by the pilot of the wave serpent. When the serpent was immobilized, he quickly jumped out of the skimmer and ran for cover till the battle had cleared. At the time, it seemed like a cowardly thing, but it was because of the pilot's act, Alaitoc was able to send it's people down on the planet to recover Egar'ion and his men. When Alzar'ai returned, the pilot came before him and presented to him his father's helm. "Understand Brother Alzar'ai...Your father died to prevent our craftworld from falling. His predictions from the warp told him if he did not confront this Chaos, Alaitoc would fall. Understand this."
Alzar'ai understood, but the way the Grey Knights responded to his father call late allowing so many Eldar to fall before they came in....And the Space Marines....Those damnable humans just sat by and let his father DIE without lifting a finger to help his father after he had thrown all of his dignity out to actually plead with them for help....

Alzar'ai's path was clear before him, the warp spoke to him and told him his path was the right one.

He would undertake his father's helm, cloak, and witchblades and become the great farseer he was. He would rise and become a leader for Alaitoc. He would seek revenge upon this Imperial demon and his men that had killed his father. The Grey Knights would pay for allowing his father and his men to take so much brutality before coming in to provide little to no help to him....And the Space Marines....Alzar'ai would see to it that the damn humanistic plague would be thrown into the void of the warp and wiped out entirely for sitting back and letting his father die. There would be no retribution or mercy for those pieces of filth. Alzar'ai would eradicate them. One by one.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:13 pm
In your opening. When an Eldar dies, the goal is to get his soul in a spirit stone before Slaanesh eats it.  

Alissindra

5,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nekage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:17 am
Blackened Heart Sucubi
In your opening. When an Eldar dies, the goal is to get his soul in a spirit stone before Slaanesh eats it.

Ahh, right, thank you. I didnt have my codex on me, and have been too lazy to open it.

I'll make the changes when I get teh chance.  
Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games