Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
NASA moon mess Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about the matter?
  who cares!?
  excited!! :D
  Appalled!!
View Results

Doc Dillamond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 pm
mankind has always metaled with nature and it has backfired before. mankind will never learn  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 pm
gemherbal
mankind has always metaled with nature and it has backfired before. mankind will never learn

It has also proven extremely useful, before.  

Aino Ailill

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:05 am
Aino Ailill
gemherbal

indeed, as in the case of electricity, for one. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:41 am
whiporwill-o
Aino Ailill
gemherbal

indeed, as in the case of electricity, for one. 3nodding
I'm a big fan of computers myself.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm
Useful to us as a species... mayhaps.
When the book is closed, then I shall decide whether I felt it a good read or not.
My feelings on technology are that we have never gone far enough, and have always chosen the route that does little good in the long term. Especially that financial interests now dictate popular application of science. We have the technology to do away with fossil fuels, yet we do not-
There is not space for that rant here.

As matters stand, we shall leave a ruin of our home, shrug as we consciously and aware of our actions, render other species non-existant, and then hand wave it off by saying that animals go extinct all the time and we shouldn't feel bad that we are doing it.
To this I say, animals kill all the time, and I should not feel bad for doing it.
To this I say, species have gone extinct before, why should we be any different?
To this I say, we have no love for parasites, why are we immune to our own judgements?
At once these pundits exalt humanity and our ability to innovate and reason, and simultaneously say we should not apply that ability to reason to the ramifications of our own actions. We must know we are not animals, and are above the world and all the beasts in it, but in the after affects of our actions, we might still justify them as things that happen, authored by lesser creatures or by mindless natural phenomenon.
Choose.
Are you a beast or are you not?
you don't get to have it both ways, you cannot be the one when it looks convenient, and the other when you need to excuse your convenient actions.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 pm
Fiddlers Green
Useful to us as a species... mayhaps.
When the book is closed, then I shall decide whether I felt it a good read or not.
My feelings on technology are that we have never gone far enough, and have always chosen the route that does little good in the long term. Especially that financial interests now dictate popular application of science. We have the technology to do away with fossil fuels, yet we do not-
There is not space for that rant here.

As matters stand, we shall leave a ruin of our home, shrug as we consciously and aware of our actions, render other species non-existant, and then hand wave it off by saying that animals go extinct all the time and we shouldn't feel bad that we are doing it.
To this I say, animals kill all the time, and I should not feel bad for doing it.
To this I say, species have gone extinct before, why should we be any different?
To this I say, we have no love for parasites, why are we immune to our own judgements?
At once these pundits exalt humanity and our ability to innovate and reason, and simultaneously say we should not apply that ability to reason to the ramifications of our own actions. We must know we are not animals, and are above the world and all the beasts in it, but in the after affects of our actions, we might still justify them as things that happen, authored by lesser creatures or by mindless natural phenomenon.
Choose.
Are you a beast or are you not?
you don't get to have it both ways, you cannot be the one when it looks convenient, and the other when you need to excuse your convenient actions.
What if we are both? Neither? Or one striving for the other?  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:28 pm
TeaDidikai

What we are is largely irrelevant.
The arguments are what rile me. If a person would honestly admit to confusion or ignorance, they are less at fault than pretending to enlightenment, then excusing unenlightened behaviour by citing the base instinct they claim to be separate from.
All I ask for is some coherency, some internal consistency.
But the Rhetors have won, and they need never even pretend to speak the Truth.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:29 am
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

What we are is largely irrelevant.
The arguments are what rile me. If a person would honestly admit to confusion or ignorance, they are less at fault than pretending to enlightenment, then excusing unenlightened behaviour by citing the base instinct they claim to be separate from.
All I ask for is some coherency, some internal consistency.
But the Rhetors have won, and they need never even pretend to speak the Truth.
Fair enough.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas