Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
'Fake Vegetarians' Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annoying?
  YES
  No
  I don't really care.
View Results

QueenMaeve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:21 pm
Yes it's obnoxious! Then people always ask me why I don't eat fish. Um hello, what seed do I plant to get a fish tree?? Pretty sure plants dont have blood and flesh and bones and eyeballs.

I never even liked seafood in the first place. I had some vegan shrimp pho once and I didn't really like it. The soy shrimp was very shrimp-like, so they did a good job on it. I just thought I'd try it knowing I probably wouldnt like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:19 pm
I have to admit I agree.
Some people do not understand the concept that fish is meat, chicken broth is made of animal fat and meat, gelatin is made of animal cartilage or bones and is therefore considered meat, or that there are certain types of food dyes and even sugar that have crushed up beetles in them. There is a list of more I'm sure but these are things that they may not consider.  

Azure Shell

WithaSunset

Dabbling Phantom

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:19 am
Meat is Muscle that propels the body forward. Therefore, fish is meat. This is my counter-argument for those that claim that fish isn't meat. I mean, At the very fringes of my mind, I slightly remember not really connecting the dots with Fish when I hadn't matched my actions with my morals, but now I do. People are excellent at coming up with excuses to continue whatever their bad behaviors are.  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff