Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Scratch Built Fighta Bomma

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Firin Eithenst

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 pm
A project I have been working on for the past two weeks. I don't have any buildup pictures, I just get so entranced by my own work I can't stop working on these things. But I can address any specifics you people might want to inquire about.
User Image
The main picture of my Fighta Bomma. (before primer)
And some links for more views:Gunners, more Bomma views
Most of the body is made of black foamboard, and the giant fuel tank is made from a water bottle. The head is from a toy robot kit.
Hope to get it painted soon...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:42 am
I like the idea, the execution is a bit iffy though. The bits thrown onto the wing don't really belong there, not even on an Orkish construct.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 am
It looks good overall, but it lacks what makes it orkish... Plates and rivets!

The stuff on the wings feels all out of place, and not even an ork construct would be able to fly with them on, best thing would be to get rid of them and add plates and rivets to the whole construct intead, easily done for ANYONE with cutting tool, plasticard, plastic rods and some glue.

Still job's a good 'un! I do approve scratchbuilds!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:53 am
That was my problem, I couldn't use the damn thing unless I covered it in bits. There was some big event and too many people were doing scratch builds...That's when the store waved the big red flag in my face. stare

I do wish I could show you the original concept I started out with...I might see about changing it up if I can. Thanks for the advice.  

Firin Eithenst

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff