Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Crits wanted....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Im pretty experienced but i just wanna know what everyone thinks of it?
i know its weird but hey i was boredSo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:05 pm

Your link is broken. Make sure you copy and pasted the full URL from the Direct Link space on your Photobucket.

Eizoryu

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:48 am

Eizoryu
Your link is broken. Make sure you copy and pasted the full URL from the Direct Link space on your Photobucket.
oh yah i forgot i had to reupload *slapsface* here
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:23 am

His head, legs and torso don't align down the center.
And that's the least of his problems.
You really need to study anatomy. And do some life drawing.

The Titanium Spork

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am

the proportions are off. most noticeable is the head. it is much to large for his body. an easy way to check is that the hips are always larger then the head. but in your drawing they are about the same size

also you have a very semi basic understanding of anatomy. i think its fairly good for your level but if you got your proportions right and have more correct anatomy it would take your drawings to the next level
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:38 am

His left shoulder is much smaller and squished than his right. You should try to balance out the proportions on each side.

try drawing out the legs from the thigh and hips before you put on drapery or clothing. Right now his legs look like they are buckling under the cloth, and it gives the effect that his thighs may be rubbery and are bending. Drawing it out first will help you get the basic structure so everything connects properly. You can just pencil it lightly and erase after.

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Folken_Schezar
the proportions are off. most noticeable is the head. it is much to large for his body. an easy way to check is that the hips are always larger then the head. but in your drawing they are about the same size

also you have a very semi basic understanding of anatomy. i think its fairly good for your level but if you got your proportions right and have more correct anatomy it would take your drawings to the next level
Well this was just something i did because i was bored otherwise it probably would be better >_>
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:19 pm

Vena
His left shoulder is much smaller and squished than his right. You should try to balance out the proportions on each side.

try drawing out the legs from the thigh and hips before you put on drapery or clothing. Right now his legs look like they are buckling under the cloth, and it gives the effect that his thighs may be rubbery and are bending. Drawing it out first will help you get the basic structure so everything connects properly. You can just pencil it lightly and erase after.
Thanks smile

ACDC1551

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces