DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm
The final product came out quite well, though consider going to a hobby shop and getting some thick plasticard to work on the other project with instead. It's cheap, and much easier to use.

Edit: I actually think the hazard striping does a huge amount to break up the blockiness of the model, to give it texture and detail. I like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:29 pm
Hey now, even better would be to build the model with wood and cover it with plasticard for texture and details.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Isis47470

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:23 pm
Ah if only I could get my hands on some plasticard, I would have covered the model in it, sadly the hobby shops in my area either don't carry it or have heard of it or if they do carry it they are always out of if. xp

I will have to look into ordering from a website, which I don't like to do because I like to support local stores. So for now I have to settle for thin balsa wood which is a big pain in the butt to work with sometimes, If i do ever get some plasticard I will upgrade both jets, I say both because I'm in the middle of building my gunship woot!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:14 am
Cheap plasticard needed?

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=gf9_hob_mod_pla_102_000

Free shipping all over the world when you spend at least ten-fifteen bucks.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Isis47470

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:07 pm
Lt. Brookman
Cheap plasticard needed?

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=gf9_hob_mod_pla_102_000

Free shipping all over the world when you spend at least ten-fifteen bucks.

OooooOoOooo woooooot! hehehe, looks like mah jetz r gonna get an upgrade here soon. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 pm
I can personally vouch for Maelstrom being a reliable site that provides excellent service to anywhere in the world. Shipping time is the only thing that requires some patience, but you should be able to check on what they have in stock and what not.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

BUGSY 1979

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:41 pm
I don't know why, but I'm never a fan of scratch built models. they just seem... unrealistic?

Although this model is pretty good. I like the cockpit and the way it can fit a land raider and two rhinos underneath, just like the forgeworld one. as far as scratch built models go, and as much I think they are unrealistic, this one is pretty good.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff