Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
How to educate a self-righteous... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:05 pm
Fiddlers Green

The problem I observe, is that the brick wall is being shored up in some cases by popular opinion. Thus, it becomes hard to separate the irrational individual from the quasi-rational lemming. Authority for the voice of Truth must be established, or we cannot expect the casual observer to view the minority as more correct than the majority.
What I would like to see however, is both sides presenting thoughtful arguments.

For example, back in the day when I didn't DA as much, what made me tolerable to the likes of Cu and the others wasn't that I agreed with them, but that I tried to go beyond "Because I/Ravenwolf/XYZ say so!" and I indulged premises and held actual conversations with them, while disagreeing.

We don't see that as often now- if at all.
I do see people honestly seeking to learn.
I do see people who are willfully ignorant.
I do see people who are knowledgeable to differing degrees.

I also see those who are insultingly ignorant and unwilling to take responsibility for their own words being openly hostile towards those who disagree with them- to the point of calling names.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:21 pm
TeaDidikai
What I would like to see however, is both sides presenting thoughtful arguments.

For example, back in the day when I didn't DA as much, what made me tolerable to the likes of Cu and the others wasn't that I agreed with them, but that I tried to go beyond "Because I/Ravenwolf/XYZ say so!" and I indulged premises and held actual conversations with them, while disagreeing.

We don't see that as often now- if at all.
I do see people honestly seeking to learn.
I do see people who are willfully ignorant.
I do see people who are knowledgeable to differing degrees.

I also see those who are insultingly ignorant and unwilling to take responsibility for their own words being openly hostile towards those who disagree with them- to the point of calling names.

I have observed disparities in personal potentials. Some persons seem more creatures of their environments. I have never made any mystery of the fact that I do not consider all persons equal. I suppose I just don't hold expectations of people to escape their natures. Then again, this leaves my surprises pleasant, and assuages the sting of being wrong by knowing the world is better. I expect so little out of so many, and so much out of so few. I doubt it is fair.
~shrugs~
However, I laud those who have climbed forth from their environs, and am simply not surprised when someone conforms to unfortunate expectations.

I think I have explained my observations as clearly as I possible in this polylogue. I do not attempt to change any views, merely provide an alternate one.  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:19 am
You've done a great job of explaining your position. Thank you.

Myself, I have minimum expectations that are dependent on the context of interactions, rather than holding individuals to personal expectations.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff