Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Enochian Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:04 pm
sabaku-okami
CuAnnan
Sabuka, I would remind you that you only have 80 minutes before I go about asserting that you are not the author of the Enochian article.

But I am besides ill just start another one and maybe people will post what the subject is about. So this guild is for teaching then you people are doing a very crappy job of it.
It started with requesting you to cite your source. Then you go on asking how do we know that you didn't write that yourself. Even on Wiki, they cite their sources. You know the little [1]'s beside a sentence and then the source below that's the guide? So if even if it was you who wrote it on Wiki, you'd still need a source.
And plagarism is against the TOS. Which is Gaia's rules, which cover the whole site, including the guild. So they don't need to listed in the guild. You agreed to those rules in joining Gaia.
TOS #4;G
misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via Gaia Online, (such as claiming a created work as your own that is not actually yours) or otherwise infringing any trademark, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity

There, I even quoted it for you, so you don't have to go and look for yourself. I make things easy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:09 pm
sabaku-okami
I didn't know, post rules or something.

Even if there isn't anything specific posted in the guild itself, when you signed up for Gaia you agree to abide by the Terms of Service...

4. Prohibited Conduct
-- BY USING GAIA ONLINE YOU AGREE not TO: misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via Gaia Online, (such as claiming a created work as your own that is not actually yours) or otherwise infringing any trademark, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity.

edit... I wasn't fast enough - Kage beat me too it. sweatdrop  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:10 pm
too2sweet
sabaku-okami
I didn't know, post rules or something.

Even if there isn't anything specific posted in the guild itself, when you signed up for Gaia you agree to abide by it's Terms of Service...

4. Prohibited Conduct
-- BY USING GAIA ONLINE YOU AGREE not TO: misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via Gaia Online, (such as claiming a created work as your own that is not actually yours) or otherwise infringing any trademark, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity.

Can we report him for that?
Like report him as a user, as opposed to reporting the post.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:12 pm
I believe that rule breaking in a guild must first be handled by the guild mods. They have control over their own guild. If they do not handle the violation, they may actually get in trouble for it also.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:17 pm
If it's a TOS violation, then it's reportable. Usually though if I see someone quoting something and I'm reasonably sure it's not theirs, I just remind them to cite their sources.

edit... yeah - guilds are kind of funny that way, they are more self policing than other areas of the site.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:10 pm
CuAnnan

So go, wallow in your ignorance. Hopefully you'll attempt the lesser bindings of Solomon and get eaten by Vassago or something.

I chuckled blaugh  

Cunning Witch Angus

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas