Reply The Beatles
Poor Ringo.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:16 pm
He always gets the short end of things. But he IS talented.
"It's the nose, you know. Fans are funny that way, they take a dislike to things. They'll pick on a nose."
But, still, this video is well-made. John totally looks like John!

DISCUSS:
Ringo discrimination.
How awesome he is, actually.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:47 pm
Agreed! Still, it's a funny movie. But the interview Ken Dodd and The Beatles picked on Ringo a bit more:

Ken Dodd: Oh, well I'd love to be like them four.
Paul: Oh, you can always join.
Ken: No no, I don't want to ruin the flow of the band, it's no wonder why you don't let Ringo sing!

But he's a sweet heart, Ringo.  

The Lover of Wonderland

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm
Another example from Family Guy.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:20 pm
oh, ringo's a cutie. i love his personality.  

ninja in converse

You Can Call Me Al

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:20 pm

you know family guy also made fun of George Harrison getting stabbed.thats why i no longer watch the show  

I_luv_Beatles

The Little Fellow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm
I_luv_Beatles

you know family guy also made fun of George Harrison getting stabbed.thats why i no longer watch the show

They did? emo Why would they do that? Rest his soul....(or let him enjoy his next life...)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:29 pm
Leave Ringo alone!!! gonk Why make fun of the nice guy? :[

I was watching All Together Now just a half hour ago, and Paul said, about Ringo on LOVE, "Wow, he sounds much better *snigger snigger*" Just as a joke, but I sad to myself, 'That's not very nice Paul ><" '
Lulz

User Image

The Little Fellow

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:22 pm
I_luv_Beatles

I wouldn't say they "made fun of it"...
Anyway, I saw that and thought it was funny and sort of clever. I mean, it's kind of an obscure reference now-a-days....
But maybe I just have a twisted sense of humor. I was just thinking about it today... I "get" like every kind of humor there is. I find everything funny. Even things that make most people go, "That's stupid!" Or, "That's... weird" Or, "That's horrible!" gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:57 am
Richie Starkey
User Image

Lovely. heart

I've seen the Family Guy Ringo one. It makes me sad for Ringo, but it's also silly. :]  

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Mr Jawes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 am
As a drummer, Ringo is of little consequence. Sure, he was part of the Beatles, but that's really it.

It's not about any discrimination, really. You could just make the case that John, Paul, and George were simply too big (which is part of the reason that they split), and Ringo was just part of the balancing effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:01 pm
Mr Jawes
As a drummer, Ringo is of little consequence. Sure, he was part of the Beatles, but that's really it.

It's not about any discrimination, really. You could just make the case that John, Paul, and George were simply too big (which is part of the reason that they split), and Ringo was just part of the balancing effect.

But I feel like Ringo is always singled out as the "untalented one". And he gets ripped on for his appearance, more so than the others...  

Liebe Thelema

Mr Jawes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:50 pm
Liebe Thelema
Mr Jawes

But I feel like Ringo is always singled out as the "untalented one". And he gets ripped on for his appearance, more so than the others...
Well, again, balance. You've got three BIG names. John and Paul pretty much owned the show, George got a lot of good stuff later on, but Ringo just didn't have enough to shine among them.

Also, let's be frank. Ringo is pretty un-talented when it comes to drummers. Sure, he was enough for the Beatles, but there were/are a LOT of other GREAT drummers from around that time.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 pm
Mr Jawes
Liebe Thelema
Mr Jawes

Well, again, balance. You've got three BIG names. John and Paul pretty much owned the show, George got a lot of good stuff later on, but Ringo just didn't have enough to shine among them.

Also, let's be frank. Ringo is pretty un-talented when it comes to drummers. Sure, he was enough for the Beatles, but there were/are a LOT of other GREAT drummers from around that time.

People have said that a lot. And there's always the response that while Ringo may not have been a technically amazing drummer, his style was what was needed to complete the group's sound. The rest of the band repeatedly said how they thought Ringo was a fantastic drummer. And it wasn't always obviously good drumming, but more subtle, and just a case of knowing what sound was needed in a song and being able to produce it. For example, the fills between John's singing in "A Day in the Life."

Somehow I think that if the other three thought Ringo was good enough to stay and play with them throughout the band's musical career, then he was not lacking in talent when it came to drumming.  

practicallyzen

The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff