Reply Writing Discussion
How's the Weather today?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mixlemaxle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:36 pm
I'm writing a story about a girl who can control weather, hence the name! I want to know how I should go on, I'm kind of stuck in a rut if you know what I mean.
I'm only on chapter seven. But here's the ending of the last chapter I wrote and posted on my blog:::
In the morning, I was kind of surprised to see Clay at my side, shaking me awake. But then the yesterday’s events rushed past my eyes.
I sat up, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes. I looked around. And then I noticed something.
We weren’t in the orphanage hospital.
And weren’t in the trailer park either.
We were in the middle of no where.
“ Where are we?” I asked loudly. The sleep was completely gone, replaced with shock and horror.
“ A desert?” he answered sheepishly.
“ Well, I know that!” I screamed. “ But where are we in this desert?!”
“ I don’t know.” But I knew he was hiding more. Way more. And he didn’t want me to know.
“ You’re hiding more from me, aren’t you?” I gulped.
“ Yes.”
“ Please tell me,” I pleaded.
“ Oh, ok fine,” he replied in defeat. There was a long pause, and clouds started brewing in the distance.
“ Well, don’t get mad at me!” Clay whispered. “ I’ll tell you in a minute. I have to think what I want to say.”
“ Good.” The clouds went away. But then, surprisingly, they came back.
“ It’s all your fault!” Clay shouted.
The clouds came closer.
“ If you hadn’t have killed your father and been sent to the orphanage we wouldn’t be here!”
And closer.
“ WE. WOULDN’T. BE HERE!” Clay screamed in frustration.
So close, they were almost upon us. I could feel little whispers of wind on my neck. I shrunk back and took cover under the hospital bed. The wind grew louder until rain splattered hard on the bed and ground.
“ Don’t!” I shouted above the shrieking sound of the falling drops. “ You’ll kill us!” And as quickly as they had come, they went away. But in it’s place came snow. A light fall of snow, covering Clay’s back and the top of the hospital bed.
Clay wiped what seemed to be tears off his face, and stood up to walk over to the bed, and sat down under it. More tears came, to my eyes. I was shocked, at his behavior, at my life, at what he had to hide. If he would tell me.

In the first part it was really strange, she killed her abusive father, and she found another lot of Firsts ( people who control the weather ) and such. But she only knows Clay is a first so far...

Help?
Ask if you need questions, I'm not a very good explainer out of my stories
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm
I'm not sure exactly how to help you since there is so little to go on. It's short for a full chapter, and I think to fix that you should put more detail between her being upset and him. It's awkward that she gets all mad at him and makes him feel guilty, then seconds later he gets angry with her.

Also, the hospital bed kinda threw me for a loop. I guess it would be clearer if I knew more of the story, but it seems interesting. As for giving you advice as to how to get you out of this rut, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure how the story goes so I'd be the blind telling the blind where to go.  

Wolfen Princess

mixlemaxle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:52 pm
Wolfen Princess
I'm not sure exactly how to help you since there is so little to go on. It's short for a full chapter, and I think to fix that you should put more detail between her being upset and him. It's awkward that she gets all mad at him and makes him feel guilty, then seconds later he gets angry with her.

Also, the hospital bed kinda threw me for a loop. I guess it would be clearer if I knew more of the story, but it seems interesting. As for giving you advice as to how to get you out of this rut, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure how the story goes so I'd be the blind telling the blind where to go.

I don't like writing long chapters, especially in this type of story. If you need answers or more of the story, just ask. And like I said, I'm not very good at explaining. razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:08 am
Maybe you could post the full chapter, or give us a summary of what had happened in each of the previous chapters for us to get a better understanding? It seems like an interesting story, but I don't know what to do if I hardly have anything to go off of. sweatdrop

Violet Mascara

mixlemaxle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 pm
Meh. It's alright. I've decided to delete the chapter and start anew. No worries!

Writing Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games