Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Lisa McMann

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

after reading the post would you check out these books if you haven't already?
  heck yea
  if i'm bored
  not sure
  no way
View Results

-ASIAN-LOVER-FTW-7-0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:15 pm
i know they are short books but if you read Wake and Fade, what do you think??

Wake:
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.

She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....

Fade:
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open--but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability. And it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a Dream Catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd even feared...

Gone (released feb 2010):
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He's amazing. And she's a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves--she has to disappear. And it's going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life--and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm
They sound pretty good. I'll have to read them.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:33 pm
I read Wake a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. Not amazing, certainly, but all I wanted was a light read to pass some time. I'm really impressed that the author can pull off the first-person present tense. The only other book I've read with that POV and tense is Speak. It was a cute book, definitely. I enjoyed it. I don't want to buy Fade in trade paperback, but I'll definitely read it at some point.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games