Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beatles

Back to Guilds

Tags: Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr 

Reply The Beatles
I lost almost all respect for the Love album.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The music is all around us.
  Can you hear it?
View Results

stickyfeet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:49 pm
So I got Beatles Rock Band for my birthday (best game ever. =D). I discovered that While My Guitar Gently Weeps is on it. I played it, and it was one of the best damn songs I've ever heard. Now I'll admit that there are a lot of Beatles CDs I don't have. The only cd I have While My Guitar Gently Weeps on is Love. I've had that CD for a while, and thought that was just how the song went. I'm so mad that they changed it that much. I mean, it sounds cool with pretty much an acoustic guitar with light background stuff, but geez. It sounds amazing the way it is. I mean, I had a freaking Beatlesgasm when I heard it on Rock Band.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:04 pm
ya they do it to make it more interesting, its cirque DE solie (me cant spell)  

VampireJess14

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:23 pm
Actually, the Love version of that song is heavily based on one of the earlier takes George did of it- a take that's on the Anthology. So really, they didn't "alter" it. They just based the "remix" on a different take that never made it to the White Album.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:16 pm
Liebe Thelema is right. It's an earlier take with extra lyrics and stuff. I personally think that both versions are beautiful.

Another 'alternate' version on the LOVE cd is 'Strawberry Fields'. The timing is much different from the original release.

George Martin, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and others worked on the LOVE cd. So, it's still a Beatle release. It's just different for Curque du Soliel. I love hearing different recordings of their songs.

BTW I got to see the show in July. It's AWESOME. I must go again.

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Appoline Artemisia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 am
VampireJess14
ya they do it to make it more interesting, its cirque DE solie (me cant spell)

Cirque Du Solei*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm
Beccaecka
Liebe Thelema is right. It's an earlier take with extra lyrics and stuff. I personally think that both versions are beautiful.

Another 'alternate' version on the LOVE cd is 'Strawberry Fields'. The timing is much different from the original release.

George Martin, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and others worked on the LOVE cd. So, it's still a Beatle release. It's just different for Curque du Soliel. I love hearing different recordings of their songs.

BTW I got to see the show in July. It's AWESOME. I must go again.

Yes, the LOVE CD is supposed to be a remix of sorts.

I SO want to see Curque de Soleil!  

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

Nowhere Girl909

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 pm
yeah, I bought the beatles rock band too. plus a mic stand so I can sing and play guitar/bass on expert at the same time. I dont know though, I like the cirque de soliel album. They HAD to modify it for there shows.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:13 pm
They never altered the song on Love. That was George's original demo of the song. It was he who changed it into the version on The White Album, not Giles Martin who changed the version from The White Album to the one on Love. The one on Love is exactly the same as the original demo, but strings were added.  

Buh-Ranch

The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff