Music students who need help or are willing to help others--

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a good idea?
  Yes, and I will join
  Yes, but I will probably not join
  Nope, your idea sucks (or I clicked this cause it says "sucks")
  Nope, schools for humans IM AN ALIEN
View Results

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:32 pm
I was wondering -
I am getting ready to make a guild (once I have enough mula) as a school helper guide (thing).
And I was wondering, if I included music class work, would people be interested in joining up as soon as its open?

Ive played several instruments for varying numbers of years, have taken College level Music Theory (US) and am taking a music theory history class now. I was needing a site to study on ( I learn better from talking and explaining to people what exactly i am learning) and am thinking gaia would be a great way to have a conversation about my classes with others who are going to/ are/ or have taken the same classes as myself.

I am opening this topic more for suggestions, people who will go ahead and let me message them when the guild is up and others who are willing to donate to hurry the process.

The guild will include other classes, middle school, high school and college level, and the goals will include posting homework for other people to have extra practice, if you want, posting extended reference links, facts, and forums to answer questions about homework.

The guild is NOT to get answers to homework quick, I promise.

I am also open to people who want to sort of manage classes that they themselves are taking, great grades are preferred, and there will be sections for clubs and after school events to toss around ideas (virtually!).

I am opening this topic more for suggestions, people who will go ahead and let me message them when the guild is up and others who are willing to donate to hurry the process.

All comments that dont apply to this topic will be deleted.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:43 pm
I think that's a great Idea
I'd join your guild tho I don't attend school anymore
But I have quiet a few years of experience under my belt.
And I'm always willing to help others, Especially when It comes to music.  

Paul Scags

250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Helena Rose-Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:44 pm
that sounds like a good idea. I would join. :]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm
i picture it being hard to teach over the interweb  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Peek Aw Chu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:04 pm
Its a good idea.
And to OTN,
It could be required that mods own a webcam,
and each mod/teacher would then have a class email on yahoo or something, and be able to teach over webcam to the other end. It could be preferable that both ends have a mic, as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 pm
AesopGrimm21
Its a good idea.
And to OTN,
It could be required that mods own a webcam,
and each mod/teacher would then have a class email on yahoo or something, and be able to teach over webcam to the other end. It could be preferable that both ends have a mic, as well.

then why use guilds? it'd be better to use a site that supports webcam use better.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces