Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

h104646

2,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:30 am
did any of you get inspired for a story by a book? or do you find a book exciting, boring, or just dumb. here you can recommend books, tell about them, tell storys if they inspired you, or just talk. this could be a really great forum if you want a good book but cant find one, and could be very useful since its back to school time. smile i hope you have fun talking.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:38 am
recently i read a book called 13 reasons why it was amazing. its about this girl who committed suicide but left audio tapes of the 13 reasons why she did it. she sent them to one person and then that person must send it to person number 2 when there done and so on until they hit 13. (sorry i forgot the peoples name it was like june when i read it) the story follows a guy who was in love with the girl and he is trying to figure out why he got the tapes and what he did. the whole book is him going around town listening to the tapes and following were the girl went on her tapes. ( the cool thing is in the story the girl left a map for everyone to follow and marked it in red marker, and the jacket of the book actually has the map so you could feel like your following along as you read her tapes.) i think this book is good for anyone who like mystery because there is allot of clues to put together  

h104646

2,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100

Nyrihaz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:17 pm
I heard a positive review about that book, seemed very interesting.

A book I liked? I could recommend "World Without End" by Ken Follet. I think it was an amazing historical fiction, long read. The characters were amazing, the descriptions too. Everything all in all --and it has it all; love, hate, revenge, killings.

"The Host" of Meyer, is not looking that bad, I like it. And considering I didn't like Twilight that much (is okay, is just not the best book ever), is a big compliment. I think she is growing as a writer.

And well, let's see... what else?

"Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. Beautiful Christian fiction.

Oh and right!!! How could I forget?

"Voltaire’s Heart's" (El corazón de Voltaire), is a book written by a Puerto-Rican; all in e-mails and missives. The story was very interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:21 pm
If you are into romance novels of the best degree with an amazing story line, I recommend the Wolf Tales series by Kate Douglas.

click here for the amazingness  

evolvingwolf

evolvingwolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:35 pm
Patricia Briggs is an amazing author to form ideas off of. Her work is really inspiring. Again, an otherworldly romantic novelist.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:09 am
Anything by Terry Pratchett seems to pull my creativity to new hights, if nothing else, it makes me laugh and giggle on the bus.  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

EstoPerpetua

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:37 pm
A recent series I read was "The Bartimaeus Trilogy" by Jonathan Stroud. It was funny although it started out kind of slow. If you take the time to get further into it, it's very good.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games